My MidiBox 64e

Protosx

Hi,

after building my MidiBoxLC 32Ch (check my other topic) which is still waiting for a case, I've built a MidiBox64e with 32 encoders + ledrings, 64 buttons + leds and 24x2 LCD.

My goal is to use both of them (LC + 64e) in a huge controller, using the 64e something like a C4 to control Harrison/Ardour MIXBUS, but I have a problem:

maybe I'm a little bit stupid or I had not enough time, but I didn't understand on how to configure the 64e in order to be use it like a channel strip; I mean, one set of encoders (about 13) to control EQ, AUX and comp for all of the channels choosing one channel per time, maybe using channel select.

Could someone help me, giving me the instructions (step by step) on how to configure the 64e to achieve my goal?

Am I too ambitious?

Here, some pics of my MidiBox64e.....

Thank you very much for your help!!!

post-6124-082913800 1286180061_thumb.jpg

post-6124-025270800 1286180078_thumb.jpg

post-6124-089773400 1286180087_thumb.jpg

post-6124-042935500 1286180101_thumb.jpg

post-6124-039594900 1286180117_thumb.jpg

post-6124-063103100 1286180131_thumb.jpg

post-6124-074858500 1286180144_thumb.jpg

post-6124-052235300 1286180160_thumb.jpg

post-6124-076441100 1286180176_thumb.jpg

post-6124-079030300 1286180190_thumb.jpg

post-6124-081583800 1286180210_thumb.jpg

Hi protosx.

Let me say some very nice work there!

Now in anser to your question.

You can make a new "patch" or "bank" of settings for the one strip. save this and then make a new "patch" or "bank" for the next strip. You then switch between the different banks.

You can also use the morphing feature to morph between current and saved settings for the controls. You would need several bankstick chips chained together for the amount of storage you want. I know someone on the board recently made some really nice bankstick pcb's recently as i was drooling over them myself! you could ask for a copy of the eagle file and get some made.

With my BPM controller i also use it for other plug-in's so i use the bank change feature for each plug-in i want to use, each plug in is given its own bank and i select the bank for the plug-in in use. The best thing about it is that when you have the bankchip attached you can "name" each button or controller to what ever you want!

I hope this helps.

there is more details on this in the tutorial section for the mb64e on ucapps.de

Hi protosx.

Let me say some very nice work there!

Now in anser to your question.

You can make a new "patch" or "bank" of settings for the one strip. save this and then make a new "patch" or "bank" for the next strip. You then switch between the different banks.

You can also use the morphing feature to morph between current and saved settings for the controls. You would need several bankstick chips chained together for the amount of storage you want. I know someone on the board recently made some really nice bankstick pcb's recently as i was drooling over them myself! you could ask for a copy of the eagle file and get some made.

With my BPM controller i also use it for other plug-in's so i use the bank change feature for each plug-in i want to use, each plug in is given its own bank and i select the bank for the plug-in in use. The best thing about it is that when you have the bankchip attached you can "name" each button or controller to what ever you want!

I hope this helps.

there is more details on this in the tutorial section for the mb64e on ucapps.de

Thank you very very much SSP for your help.

Now it's much more clear for me what I have to do.

Regarding my work, thank you very much again, but my problem is still the same: THE CASE!!!!!!!!

I don't know how to do it and (according to the philosophy of the project) I don't want to spend a lot of money for the case (up to now for my MBLC 32ch, I spent about € 1.200 and pay € 500 for the case only it's not my goal).

I was thinking to buy/build a CNC machine so I'll make all of the panels I need by myself.

bye

Peppe

hi protosx

with the case what about just having the faceplate made? as that will take the most use and wear, the base can be a stained wood for now, if you want the black look then get an ebony stain and give it several coats, or you can get some mdf cnc cut and then powder coated, mdf can be powdercoated as it has moisture content that allows it to be charged for coating.

Or you could have the lower case made out of acrylic sheet that has been heat bent on the edges to make a box, then fix the metal face to that.

If your stuck for ideas or want help with the face let me know and i will gladly design a face panel for you to the size you need in solidworks in sheet metal format and have it in the correct format for a cnc company if you want.

The biggest cost is the design translation to cnc files for thier machines, if i were to do a full case for you in sheet metal and then map it to a cnc file for a company you would then only be paying for the material and cnc time which would not be much at all then.

have a think on it and get back to me.

ssp