Minimal Hardware

Ender

Was thinking about this..what would the minimal hardware-interface for a Midibox seq be?..i see you can control most functions with keys from a keyboard..and was thinking maybe you could make a Midibox that could be controlled mostly from an external device since most people already have some kind of a controller with a play,record back and forward button that could be on the controller....and maybe if you have a keyboard you could just step record with that instead of twiddling with knobs if you like the TB-303 style sequencing more?..

Earlier in the year, I ported the MicroVGA (http://www.microvga.com/) driver to MIOS32 http://svnmios.midibox.org/listing.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fmodules%2Fmicrovga%2F

As this also includes a PS/2 keyboard port, I did think that it might be quite nice to adapt SEQv4 to support this. Then you could use a VGA monitor for the display and a standard PC keyboard to operate it.

Obviously none of the work has been done to support this but it would be quite nice IMHO... Maybe I will have a play!

Cheers

Phil

Sounds like a really nice idea actually, was more thinking of using CCs and then maybe having a couple of buttons that are absolutely necessary for the Midibox to operate..almost like the Midibox sid minimal, more menues but nice with external controllers probably.