CANCELED: FPE MBseq panels

Altitude

I'm interested. I've seen the desktop case for this, ('scuse ignorance) but is there a PCB for the UI that fits this front panel?

(I guess I'd want to know that case+panel+pcb) are all available before confirming.

This is for Wilba's seq PCB board

There is an open ended waitlist for the PCB, here is the thread: and the bulk order page: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/wilba_mb_seq_pcb_bulk_order

Edited by Altitude

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought...

When i did the 19" panels, wasnt i charging GBP 100 each?

Ive just put it into google, and come back with the result:

100 British pounds = 156.68 U.S. dollars

...and that was for the 19" (which would be very sightly more) AND with the acrylic screens included, without such a large minimum order number : )

I could probably panelise 17" jobs to make savings in production, but, either way, im certain i could beat the FPE price on a 10-off run : )

There's examples of the quality of my work about, and, even from the thread running in the flea market section currently, you can see that im quite fussy with what i consider fit for sale : )

So, yep, touting for buisiness, sure, but, at the same time, people generally like their costs lowered, so i figured id post : )

If you can do the blind holes and ship it for less than $10 then we will talk

Hehe...

I can do blinds, but not threadded blinds. But, as i explained at in this post ( ) im actually very dubious as to if threadded blinds in a 3mm panel are a good thing anyway.

As for shipping costs -

Of course i could ship to someone in the UK for that sort of money. I could ship to someone in europe for a little more. And someone in the US for a bit more again.

But, id have thought that the main point is the total cost, not the shipping cost?

The other huge saving, as far as EU customers are concerned, is that all the pricing i ever give out includes EU taxes, whilst a USD 150 import would actually cost USD 150 + 3.5% duty + aprox USD 20 processing + (at least)17.5% vat on entry to the EU (which makes quite a significant difference to EU buyers!)

I dont believe US import tarrifs are as strict, so a similar priced package from the EU to the USA doesnt suddenly grow in price in the same way (but do correct me if im wrong on that?)

Dont get me wrong - order from wherever you like : ) I try and do trade by doing quality work at a lower cost than other suppliers, but, if it works out cheaper for evreyone to buy from somewhere else, then, sure, go for it : )

I can verify JulianF's work. He is very picky :) and makes good quality panels and lcd windows.

However, for US buyers, cost for the panel was more because of the exchange rate from USD to Euro/GBP. I think for a one off it was $185 USD including shipping?? Correct me if I am wrong Julian. I think if we all had the same currency we would go with your service. Just my opinion.

Still really appreciate those windows!

Regards

What's up with the backpanel?

http://midibox.org/forums/topic/14547-midibox-seq-aluminium-desktop-case/page__view__findpost__p__129462

And I think in quantities of 20+ silkscreen panels would be cheaper than engraved ones and also look much better.

There is an open ended waitlist for the PCB, here is the thread: and the bulk order page: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/wilba_mb_seq_pcb_bulk_order

So I guess the 'matching case' part is obsolete?

I could get them screened way cheaper if that is what everyone wants. I have the place that I use for my x0xb0xes and they are both inexpensive and very good quality wise. It would come out to around $13 ea to get them screened (2 colors) and that would drop the price of the panel to $138 (10-19 pcs). We could also add whatever graphics wise (lines etc)

And yes, the "matching case" portion of that bulk order is not active. Doug has more than enough on his plate right now and TK's is pretty much ready to go.

As far as the back panel goes, everyone's will likely be different but if we can get a consensus and standardize on one design, we could get those as well.

Edited by Altitude

Any one have any silk screen graphic ideas? I'd love to see some. The only small suggestion I would make is to have the track buttons(not groups) labeled as

track 1/2/3/4

track 5/6/7/8

track 9/10/11/12

track 13/14/15/16

I have mine labeled as just track 1, track 2, track 3 and track 4 and I sometimes forget how to count and select tracks accordingly :)

As far as the back panel, is there a lot of interest? I'll probably just drill holes for what ever I need (Yes USB too :))

and dremel a line out for the sd card.

If anything I don't think we would need TK's aout port correct? But I would think that some might want aout holes, maybe ethernet (not me). I guess if the price is right and we can decide on something without going to fancy.

I still wish we could have the V4 cases shipped directly from factory to engraver company and have them do the panels that come with the cases themselves instead of paying for unused metal and shipping (i'm a cheap ass). Is there a reason we are not doing this? No biggie, just thought maybe a few of us are thinking this. Don't mean to come off as an ass :pirate:

Edited by Echopraxia