Which G6K-2P From Mouser? For the SSM2044

JRock

There is Latching and non latching and dual latching :blink:

Anybody order a G6K-2P from Mouser? For the SSM2044 VCF... :huh:

I'm not even sure what they do. Electronic switch? Guess i'll have to google it...

Will this work? Anybody find a cheaper one?

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=G6K-2P-Y-DC12virtualkey65300000virtualkey653-G6K-2P-Y-DC12

Edited by JRock

The link is for a G6K-2P-Y-DC12.

Y means a different pin layout, latching would be G6KU.

The G6K-2P 12V is non-latching and "normal pinout", so your question is answered by the part number ;-) Always try to match any part number precisely, then nothing bad can happen :)

the correct Mouser number is 653-G6K-2P-DC12.

It is a tiny relay that handles the bypass function. It's not really cheap but that's the price of the small size. I don't know of a suitable replacement, maybe someone else does? If you think it's too expensive you can either connect some standard (larger) relay to the PCB via wires or decide not to use the bypass function and solder jumpers. this is described on the wiki page.

S

Argh :pirate: ... I ordered this one: 653-G6K-2P-DC5... I am assuming this is wrong and won't work since it is 5V... Can someone verify this so I can get de-soldering? I haven't been able to get a hold of any ssm2044's so no harm has been done at least.

Cheers,

grizz

• 2 months later...

Argh :pirate: ... I ordered this one: 653-G6K-2P-DC5... I am assuming this is wrong and won't work since it is 5V... Can someone verify this so I can get de-soldering? I haven't been able to get a hold of any ssm2044's so no harm has been done at least.

Cheers,

grizz

Datasheets for the relais :

http://se.mouser.com/catalog/642/1753.pdf

I think, you can connect additional resistor ( 240 - 270 ) ohm in series with the your relay coil and diode's cathode to the +12 volt rail. Rated coil current are two times higher then with the12VDC coil.

Regards,

Janis

Datasheets for the relais :

http://se.mouser.com/catalog/642/1753.pdf

I think, you can connect additional resistor ( 240 - 270 ) ohm in series with the your relay coil and diode's cathode to the +12 volt rail. Rated coil current are two times higher then with the12VDC coil.

Regards,

Janis

Thanks for the info. I already desoldered the 5 volt ones, and (for now) installed jumpers to disable the bypass.

Cheers,

grizz