MIOS on STM32F107RC?

Bääääär

Hello MIDIBox-community!

For a huge project I need USB and CAN in parallel - the Core32 board doesn't support this atm. That's why I looked for an alternative chip to use instead of the STM32F103RE and found this one with less memory (256kB - that's ok for me) but 2xCAN and even Ethernet on-chip: STM32F107RC.

STM promises their portfolio of MCUs to make switching form one to another very easy (full pin compatibility and so on). So I really started thinking about adapting the MIOS for this MCU. But, well, I didn't really work with the MIOS so far (although I read a lot about it). I would buy a core32 and start testing, but well - it doesn't fit my needs and buying it only for the first steps with MIOS seems to be a bit senseless to me. So before buying things, witch I might never need, I'd like to check if it's possible, to adapt MIOS for my needs and probably build my own core32 with this MCU.

Quite a long story for a simple question: How much effort would it make to adapt MIOS for this kind of MCU? Is anyone also interested in doing this?

Thanks,

Bääääär

PS: I know that a new core32 is planned to solve the flaws of the "old" core32 (USB/CAN) but as far a I know, TK is waiting for a new chip with at least 512kB and the connectivity-options that the STM32F107RC is already supporting at 256kB. But it seems like STM will need some time until this new chip is released.

I already ported MIOS32 to STM32F105RC, see also this posting:

Adapting the new USB OTG module was a challenge, but I made it. STM32F107RC has the same USB peripheral, so that no additional MIOS32 adaptions are required.

You could even compile the code for STM32F105RC, and it will work on a STM32F107RC as well.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Wow, that's good news! Thanks,! Looks like I'll definitly build a core32 with the STM32F107RC or the STM32F105RC then.

I already ported MIOS32 to STM32F105RC, see also this posting:

Adapting the new USB OTG module was a challenge, but I made it. STM32F107RC has the same USB peripheral, so that no additional MIOS32 adaptions are required.

You could even compile the code for STM32F105RC, and it will work on a STM32F107RC as well.

Best Regards, Thorsten.