MB-6582 almost finished, starting to get nervous..

iZZE

Hey Hawkeye. Thanks for your response. I guess i will have to read the manual and start playing around because the MB-6582 is so stuffed with features that i havent had on other synthesizers before. A lot of stuff to learn i guess.

Should i post the button Problem in the Troubleshooting forum or do "greater minds" show up from time to time here ? :shifty:

I hope the knobs come soon, maybe i will fix the broken leds the next days, even if the allignment is such a pain in my case. I guess only the hard road leads to satisfaction ?! :ahappy:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just for quick info:

After 6 hours of massive troubleshoot i found the problem.

I bought 100 ohm resistors from Reichelt.de i usually measure every resistor before i solder it in, but on the 100 ohms i didnt.. so i measured them... 215 ohm's.. i changed them to 100 Ohms. the problem still was there...

I changed all the capacitors on the core section.. problem was still there..

i changed all LEDs that flickered, and all that didnt light up at all, also resoldered everything again.. Wooohoo -> no problems with the buttons and LEDs anymore :ahappy:

Only Problem thats still there is when i hold down menu when powering it up it clones to slaves.. seems to work till the end when it displays "SLAVE 03 FAILED"

I swapped the pic from 2 <-> 3 .. but it still says SLAVE 03 FAILED :frantics:

Someone got an idea ? Thanks :sweat:

I inserted all 8 Sids and tried to Select SID2,3,4 but there was a CAN BUS Error..

I then uploaded the MB6582 Hex via mios studio by changing jumper setting and device ID one by one.

I could now select all 4 SIDs..

I tried to clone via the MENU button once again, now everything works.. Yeeeha.. Fully functional MB-6582.. i cant believe it :queen:

Only Problem is that SID4 seems really silent. all the other 3SID Engines have good volume ?! How come ?

All 8 Sids are the ones Wilba sold..

PS: OK Problem solved.. it was a Resistor that had a little short circuit.. it measured 0,4 Ohms insted of 10K... cleaned the backside more carefully, now everything WORKS !!!!!!! I also changed the LED resistors from 1K to 500Ohm.. The UV Leds are perfect now!

post-7823-044675700 1288716273_thumb.jpg

Edited by iZZE

Niiiice! I'm jealous of your color scheme!

Thanks Pingosimon.. my Cam doesnt capture the colours right (the colour is nicer actually) because its difficult to photograph UV LEDs but you get the idea.

I am very happy, i never thought that i would finish the MB-6582 so fast.

Its fun to play around with, but a lot to learn till i can actually start making full tracks with it.

It is funny..... when i walked outside my apartment to get something to eat, i never used to lock the door before.. since i got the MB-6582 i always lock everything up properly to get sure nobody takes it away from me :ahappy:

Edited by iZZE

Aah damnit.. i cant get that typical commodore sound out of my MB-6582.. any tutorials online ?

Please anyone help ? How can i get the sound Timbaland used for Ayo Technology (no i am not into hip hop).

Or like j00lz demo at 0:28 ?

Any Help would be highly appreciated

Greets Patrick

Edited by iZZE

Just got my SID Heatsinks today.. they looked bigger when i ordered them.. but well better than nothing.

At least i got out a Psytrance Typical Squelch today.At least i make a little progress, it seems that the MB-6582 is capable of almost everything i need somehow. I just sold my Access Virus because i dont need it anymore, how freaky is that ?

Thanks to everyone who made it possible, i just love this thing !!

post-7823-054671400 1289252180_thumb.jpg

I tried to build that sound you wanted, but got distracted fiddling around...

I think the arpeggiator and a three-note-chord could be enough, but i got better results by modulating the pitch via Wavetable and stepping the wavetable via LFO.

I just found an instrumental of that Track you mentioned, in there it seems to be a sample, cause arp-speed changes with pitch...meh...

Yeah i guess it has been recorded and sampled and layed over some effects. Well i get the idea, will play around with Arp and LFOs a little till i get close. Rome wasnt build in one day, so i guess i should have some more patience. At least the MB-6582 works.. even if i am not so sure about saving the Ensembles ? It seems that it only remembers for SID1.. sometimes it remembers all 4 SID engines sometimes just the first, havent really figured out why that is?

Well thanks for trying IMP. maybe wenn u get close or something u dont mind dumping the patch to sysex ? I am still looking for some cool patches to add.. so much space to save them :shocked:

Thanks for the tip with soundcloud.. i just registered there.. There should be a place in the forum to share patches that would be nice. The whole test was made with just 1 patch. I used the Korg EMX Arp because it is easier to modify in real time. seems that i get almost every sound out of my mb-6582 (even the ones i never thought) except C64 sounds :getlost: how ironic is that ? :alien:

Thanks for the tip with soundcloud.. i just registered there.. There should be a place in the forum to share patches that would be nice. The whole test was made with just 1 patch. I used the Korg EMX Arp because it is easier to modify in real time. seems that i get almost every sound out of my mb-6582 (even the ones i never thought) except C64 sounds :getlost: how ironic is that ? :alien:

There used to be a thread, but it wasn't really active. Now there is this one:

Although its meant for Arps, I think you can post your patches there? Or maybe better just make a new thread, maybe some people will share their patches this time ;)

As for C64 sounds, remember that a C64 only had one SID, so be a little more minimalistic with the voices. You can also get the typical "fake chords" Arpeggio if you play around with the arpeggiator a bit. You can also use the "wavetable" synthesis method, which was used in C64 tunes. There are explanations for all that in the Manual, in the Lead Engine section:

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid_manual_l.html

There used to be a thread, but it wasn't really active. Now there is this one:

Although its meant for Arps, I think you can post your patches there? Or maybe better just make a new thread, maybe some people will share their patches this time ;)

As for C64 sounds, remember that a C64 only had one SID, so be a little more minimalistic with the voices. You can also get the typical "fake chords" Arpeggio if you play around with the arpeggiator a bit. You can also use the "wavetable" synthesis method, which was used in C64 tunes. There are explanations for all that in the Manual, in the Lead Engine section:

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid_manual_l.html

Yeah i guess sharing isnt meant to be ? I am waiting for my new 4x4 interface, i will then share the lame patches i made so far. I think i get the basic idea of the c64 sounds now, i played around with the arp and with simple 1 OSC Triangle or Pulse Waves, i come near, but by far there is no perfection at all.

I dont know if people are afraid to share their patches so that they lose their unique "only i have got that" patch feeling ?!

I'm just not smart enough to use my computer interface reliably.

Just looked over this thread Izze Nice Box dude.

Thanks for the kind words! i am nearly finished with my Studio Setup.. hope it doesnt break down all of a sudden :ahappy: (the corner desk is fucking old and weak kneed)

dsc02096q.jpg