Purchase Request

101 Force

Rather than request the right to sell a MIDIBox project, I'd like to request permission to make a one-time request of the users of this forum to make a MIDIBox project for me -- specifically the MIDIBox SEQ V4. Aside from paying for parts, I do feel I must pay someone for their time or trade them gear I'm no longer using as a means of compensating them for their work. As such I'd ask that Thorsten give his blessing for someone on this forum to make a (reasonable) profit for their work. I realize I could obtain the parts myself and pay a local tech for a project such as this, but I really would prefer someone with experience with the MIDIBox SEQ V4 build to handle this sort of project.

Requests like this are likely a dime a dozen, and many users on this forum are likely scratching their head wondering why I don't learn my way around a soldering iron. Well, as I'm about to become a father (yay!), what (limited) free time I do have is spent making music, which I think is reasonable from my point-of-view (at the moment, anyhow).

I'm in no rush with my request and am willing to wait until the New Year if it is to be entertained.

Thank you.

it is really not that difficult or time-consuming to build your own and as your newborn will keep you up all night, you have more than enough time ;-)

(self advertisment: you can always follow my on building a custom seq v4 - every step explained, every part listed :))

Edited by Hawkeye

Hey Hawkeye, thanks for the response. Your photo tutorial actually might be enough for me to get this done myself, so maybe I'll take on this project myself after all. I'll have to do some more research, but I'm expecting my judgement and skill won't be too good once my daughter starts keeping me up at night! Still, she's due early May, so with a photo tutorial like yours I might be able to complete a project like this sometime in January.

Thanks and good luck then! I did not want to take away your last bit of free time, it is just so nice to work on a unit that you have built all by yourself, i can only recommend that :).

What he says too ......I knew nothing about electronics when I started here but it sorta grabs you by the nutz.

edit.....I still know nothing about electronics (just thought I would beat Nils to the punch)

Edited by taximan