MB-6582 debug

Berg

I have looked at all of the shift reigisters to look for bad links and re touched all of the solder pointes associated with the registers, still the same symptoms. Is there somthing specific that would point to the buttons not working? any ideas?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally I have made some time for this. Mainly cause I skrewed my foot up royaly attempting some flips ona wake board.

Ran the srio_interconnection_test_v2 application and found the following....

1)Everything checks out on the SC,SI points they read 5v and 0v when they are supposed to.

2)Not sure where to test the J8 DO value, either my cross reference skills from the MBHP_DINX4_V2a to the MB-6582_Base_PCB_R2_Color.pdf are in adequte or it constantly reads 5v. I think i'm doing this test wrong. can someone verify the point that tests J8 do on the base pcb?

3)This is the evil finding thus far. When testing the J8 & J9 RC values they are not what they are supposed to be. whenit's supposed to be 5v its 1.56v & when it's supposed to be 0v it's 1.29v

The CS is soldered in. I have not traced all the connections on the J8 J9 lines yet. next course of action. from a brief look it appears that the line hits all the ground pins on the 74HC165's(pin8). It also hits pin12 on the 74HC595's. I'm hoping this is a simple short to find???? I have been relectant to cut the CS lines to see if it has something to do with it but will do if required to find the short.

Any idears?

One other dumb question: I have been fooled by the encoders a couple times when they are in between notches, i never romoved them as I like the feel of the notch when turning. Does this affect the opperation of the MB?

Friking exciting!!!!!!

I found a badlink on the RC lines. A little touch with the magic solder stick and presto. the MB-6582 is alive!!!!

3 of the 4 sid pairs is working.

I got the error code no MBnet response on sid 2. a new hurdle but regardless im stoked after some twiddling on the other 3 sid sets