Reconstructing a MIDI controller

PaulMac

Hey. I need a controller with a decent amount of motorised faders & pan pots, preferibly in one unit.

I was thinking of taking the midi section out of a Behringer DDX3216 and reconstructing the shell, replacing faders etc and then hooking it up as a MIDI device, without the rest of the mixer.

So if I take the section out of the mixer, what do I do now to have it output and input MIDI info to control the faders, rotary faders, mute and solo buttons?

Thanks in advance for any help offered :drool:

I was thinking of taking the midi section out of a Behringer DDX3216 and reconstructing the shell, replacing faders etc and then hooking it up as a MIDI device, without the rest of the mixer.

Hi, isn't the Behringer remote-controllable via MIDI? According to chapter 18.2 in the manual, almost all controls (channel faders, rotary encoders, and most buttons) can send and receive MIDI messages. If the DDX3216 is not broken already, it might make more sense to place a MIDIbox before the DDX's MIDI-in and -out, so that it just translates the incoming and outgoing MIDI messages to what you need. The Core32 with its 2 MIDI ports is just perfect for that.