Amp in DIN/DOUT module?

Paleorama

Hi,

I am currently looking at some pushbuttons for my midibox project - I found some really neat ones with LED's.

So I thought of connecting the switch in the button to the DIN and connecting the DOUT to the LED inside the button.

But I am bit lost about the specs of the DIN/DOUT module. I know it's running 5V but how many amps is it driven of? I am building on the GM5 - is it just the amount of current that comes out of the USB port then?

The specs for the pushbuttons is:

HIGH QUALITY LATCHING DPDT OFF/ON WITH RED LED (CAN BE WORK 3V- 6V)PUSH BUTTON SWITCHES.

!B9)T32Q!Wk~$(KGrHqJ,!hgEzenct5CYBM6ujwgRm!~~0_12.JPG

FEATURES:

- DPDT- OFF/ON LATCHING TYPE, PUSH IT ON, PUSH ITAGAIN OFF

- CUT SIZE: 17mm X 17mm (PRESSFIT TYPE)

- 125V 6A, 250V 3A; CAN ALSO WORK FOR 12V, 24V.

It says that it can work with a wide variety of voltage but I dunno if the amount of current (ampere) the midibox is sending out will be to little.

Help is very much appreciated!

Hi and welcome!

the current draw depends only on the installed LED, the push button itself (just a switch) is passive... just consider it as a bridge when "switched on".

BUT:

1) it says "on/off", that is potentially not the button behaviour that you want - it locks in every state.

2) din/dout in conjunction with the gm5 module?!?

maybe nILS could move this thread to "parts questions" :-)

Edited by Hawkeye