random midi signals

kris

hello im now debugging my new midi64 controlller but im getting lots of random midi signals ive checked and rechecked quite a few times now the unused analog inputs from the 4051 ive left out on the ain board and the core. so now ive run out of ideas what it could be so any ideas of what to look at next would be appreciated

regards kris

Edited by kris

ive been checking my midi-box again, i really dont think its any dodgy pots ive checked them and they seem okay and they are from the same batch as ive used before.

for the 4051 ive left out i have definately clamped the inputs to ground(vs) on the ain board and on the core

on one of the 4051's im only using seven analogue inputs so for the unused ive clamped it to ground on the ain module but not on the core, is this correct?????

so i really have run out of ideas now so any input would be appreciated

regards kris

What MIDI messages do you get? There's a chance they're not coming from the AIN - the ain64_din128_dout128_v2c should help finding out.

Do you happen to have drawn up a wiring diagram, so it's easier for us to follow how you've wired what?

on one of the 4051's im only using seven analogue inputs so for the unused ive clamped it to ground on the ain module but not on the core, is this correct?????

Yes.

thanks for the reply

the midi signal im getting is b1 4a 20-30 the last figures are cycling very fast

unfortunately i havent got a wiring diagram, but ive kept the wire as short as possible and wired as starlike as possible (ill try and get a clear photo)

ill run the test app ain64_din128_dout128_v2c.later when ive got time today

one idea ive had is that ive got two jog shuttles(din) that i know there is no code for in the midi-box64 app(my idea was to get the hardware working then sort out some code for them) could these be causing the problem??????

regards kris

0xb1 0x4a will be sent by the pot at the third row, second column.

What happens if you turn this pot to full-left or full-right?

If nothing happens: the pot isn't properly connected, check the connections!

If full-left outputs 0xb1 0x4a 0x00, and full-right outputs 0xb1 0x4a 0x7f, and if jitter stops: replace the pot!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

thanks for that faulty pot replaced, the end of random signals

but now ive found not all the buttons are working i think its in banks of eight so im thinking maybe the 74hc165's

im going back to check all the connections and wiring and then maybe ill swap the chips around, but that will have to wait until later so ill get back to you on that

thanks very much for all the help

happy solstice kris

whoops spoke to soon just turned it back on and the random signals are back again

oh well it will have to wait until later

Edited by kris