Selling: CNC Engraved Midibox Panels (mbseq/mb6582/etc) & Pactec PT-10 cases (for mb6582)

julianf

The case frame, base, and ends are from one of the group-buys that ran here.  It was supplied by www.heidenreich.de

As i say, the one above was from a group buy, but im sure they can be purchased individually also.

The top and rear plates were cut here.  They are cut from Wilba's files, but with some alterations, most notably, adjustments so as the panels fit the case tighter / firmer.  The panels in the photo are also 1.5mm, which means that they fit into the case rails themselves, rather than needing (expensive) profiling.  The entire set (front and rear) then works out cheaper than just the original top panel, and also creates a stronger build.

• 6 months later...

Does anybody know what happened to Julian? He suddenly didn't respond to PMs anymore. His last sign in was over a month ago. In my case it was right after he told me that my panel was finished and ready for shipment. We where about to decide for the shipping method when he didn't respond to my answer. Does anybody have any information?

All good, we're back in contact after the abrupt Christmas hols.

Edited by Highcooley

• 4 months later...
Does anybody know what happened to Julian? He suddenly didn't respond to PMs anymore. His last sign in was over a month ago. In my case it was right after he told me that my panel was finished and ready for shipment. We where about to decide for the shipping method when he didn't respond to my answer. Does anybody have any information?

All good, we're back in contact after the abrupt Christmas hols.

The above transaction was concluded ages ago, but, just to be clear to the casual reader - the delay was *prior* to me taking any payment.  For me, that's quite an important detail, which could be missed! : )

Of course, any delay is tedious, but delays after payment is made are, in my mind, another issue entirely.

I should also give thanks to Highcooley for his purchase, even in spite of the quiet period! : )

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/9/2018 at 8:13 AM, Grizzlebee said:

I know it's a long shot but are any of these panels still available?

Griz

JulianF last posted in this Forum in February 2018 regarding making cheaper cases to go with his panels - so it sure does look like he is still making them for people :)

You should direct message Julian, he doesn't receive email notifications for people replying on his threads (only direct message), and doesn't check the forums daily.

Edit: or just order one from his site lol

http://thebeast.co.uk/?product=midibox-mbseq-v4-desktop-enclosure-panel-set

There's still 1 panel for the enclosure in stock right now.

Edited by tehsparx

• 10 months later...

Hello ,

Does someone have some news from Julianf ?

I ve bought the last panels kit for a seq V4 on is website one month ago, but I have absolutely no news from my order :cry:

I ve already sent two messages via the contact form without any answer.

I can't imagine it's volontary from him, but now I have paid 143€ with paypal and I am a bit disapointed ....

Any info would be appreciated

Thank you

W

• 7 months later...

I know this is a super old post, but I just wanted to drop a thanks to @julianf for making my awesome front and rear panels.

His prices are much better than going direct through FrontPanelExpress (close to half actually).

Shipping was reasonably quick from the UK to US, taking ~1 week.

I've ordered from him multiple times...

735982717_MB-6582New2.thumb.jpg.fe744a4cce1ee1a66bbfb2fae4115694.jpg

Unknown.thumb.jpeg.6721f57b77c1f4f08e989489ebe7be3f.jpeg

Edited by dwestbury

• 9 months later...
On 10/23/2020 at 8:02 AM, Cyrax said:

i want a Panelset for my MB6582 Set, i am located in Germany, @dwestbury do you have a source for it?

I would suggest trying Julian's shop first: http://thebeast.co.uk/?product_cat=midibox

He’s based in the UK and he typically has panel sets ready to ship internationally.

And as I said above, his prices are the best I've seen (e.g., £80 vs £170)

If you want to source local to Germany (Berlin), you can try Shaeffer:

https://www.schaeffer-ag.de/en/front-panel-designer/?lang=en

Whichever way you go, good luck with your build and post some pics when you're done.

Edited by dwestbury
  • Like 1