Mackie HUI Schematics

soulman

Hi and welcome,

I'm afraid you're in the wrong forum. This is about DIY of MIDIboxes of all kinds, the Mackie emulation that some of these provide is just a very small part of the big picture. We are not particularly focused on Mackie HUIs, and as far as I can tell, people here are not more likely to have the schematics than those in any other music gear forum.

Anyways, if you are somewhat knowledgeable about electronics, you might want to open up your unit and have a look at the capacitors on the PSU board. If their tops are somewhat lifted up from the inside, that's a good indicator of a problem with them. WARNING: Be extremely careful with handling switching power supplies, they can be hazardous long after they have been unplugged from the main's outlet.

Best, ilmenator

dear members,

found this forum in research for the mackie hui schematics.

my hui broke and i need information about the psu + transformer, because the hui doesn´t power up anymore.

would be very thankful for every helpful link.

nice holidays

soulman

if you open it up, you would get the information needed. If you dont want to open it up for whatsoever reasons, you have to give it to

a prof. repair center anyway. ;)

i found this btw: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/geekslutz-forum/37870-mackie-hui-schematics.html

Edited by phunk

Hell ya,

It's really frustrating, theres no Info about the transformer.

Hi,

Have you a multimeter ?

The Fuse (-es ) are OK ?

Is your transformer absolutely dead ?

Can you measure the windings ( the primary, the secondaries ) resistances without adding supply voltage?

The secondary DC voltage part, can partly tell to you more about voltages: what kind of the voltage stabilisers are used, working voltages on the electrolitic capacitors , etc.

Regards,

Janis

Edited by Janis1279

Btw.: the schematics are interesting - I haven't expected that Mackie controls motorfaders with an analog circuit. Thats the way how Rasmus started the MIDIbox MF story some years ago, but we decided to go for total digital control due to the reduced complexity.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

The transformer is deader than dead !

Nothing to measure. The only thing i found is the Core size which is 0.875" x 1.25". Any idea?

Thanks for your help.

... you did not answer this question:

The Fuse (-es ) are OK ?

Can you measure the primary side of the transformer at the solder joints?

Greets, Roger

PS: Since this post goes into the direction of servicing a non-MidiBox, I'll move it to "Misc"

• 3 years later...
  • 5 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I've been sitting on 2 mackie HUIs I got from a warehouse default sale - scratching my head for almost 2 years... neither start up I tried replacing suspect caps but no love... Did anyone ever figure out the transformer specs?  Sorry to hijack your board Midibox guys - this is the only active thread I could find on the net...  Thanks for tolerating us and thanks in advance to anyone that can help! Holly

2 hours ago, Htidwell1970 said:

I know this is an old thread but I've been sitting on 2 mackie HUIs I got from a warehouse default sale - scratching my head for almost 2 years... neither start up I tried replacing suspect caps but no love... Did anyone ever figure out the transformer specs?  Sorry to hijack your board Midibox guys - this is the only active thread I could find on the net...  Thanks for tolerating us and thanks in advance to anyone that can help! Holly

Hi,
Service Manual

schematic #1

schematic #2

Transformer is a 0-24-48V and can be found here:
http://www.loudtechnologies.eu/shop/en/mackie-mcu-midi-controllers/hui/600-032-01/a-4082-10000210

Best regards
Bruno