Order for Smash TV in Germany

macsurfer

Hello Forum,

long time no see, actually I had to rename myself to macsurfer.

So, I like to place an order to get a STM32 board and I like to ask around if anyone based in Germany wants to order something from the shop too.

I read through some posts and I hope am doing all right so far.

-> Guide to Organizing a Bulk Order-> Point 1-> Post a thread in the Bulk Order Forum to arouse interest...

As this is Smash TV´s shop there will be no reduced price, the order is just to share the postage to Germany.

I am not sure about VAT or customs but as the order will be above 20something Euros anyway, I think these costs have just to be shared.

All right lads, see you.

Michael

You can save a little bit of money by ordering the core32 parts directly from a german electronics store - but smash has them sorted very nicely, so it is a time vs cost tradeoff... I would suggest, that you buy from him, as he does all the heavy lifting and provides PCBs in very good quality.

I can't believe how excited people get from saving a few Euro and depriving SmashTV of a few bucks for his efforts of finding the best parts that fit the PCB... and how much you people bitch about high postage costs. Get over it, already. This is a hobby (or should be), and a pretty cheap one compared to others, and you'd rather waste your time sourcing parts locally instead of just get the good stuff from SmashTV.

I think I should recommend SmashTV double his Core32 PCB price and offer free parts kits as an optional extra.

Who's bitchin?

I don't get how getting one big instead of a few small orders could possibly harm smash in any way...

There might be another problem though: a larger parcel is not as likely to slip through the Zoll as some small ones,

and then you have to calculate how much everyone of you have to pay them. Not worth the saving, IMHO.

i can see an advantage in combining orders, for example when what you need for yourself already requires registered shipping and customs declaration, because you need so much and all.

it might be also not interesting for some people to have full parts kits of everything when they have most of the parts already in stock or prefer e.g. machined sockets over regular ones etc.

i'd like to try Smash's DIN and DOUT pcbs, as they really look more comfortable to deal with than the regular design, not only because of the blocking caps on the top side but also w/r/t terminating and cascading, which turned out to be a pain in the ass with the ucapps design, at least for me (i.e. the termination in the Seq V3 cascades). but for only some pcbs it's surely easier to just go ahead and order for myself.

i've ordered from smash in the past and will do in the future. maybe not as much as others might have, as i live pretty much in the 30km range of Mike's. so the big advantage for ME in buying there is instant access, i.e. if available i can have what i need on the same day. but even though i have most standard parts in stock i still buy full kits, as i'm even too lazy sometimes to go and search for one or two missing components or wait for a reichelt order the next week to be able to complete a module.

well after all i don't have an opinion about where people should buy their things. i'd even recommend etching your own boards and/or modify the existing to personal needs, as a very good learning experience, and it would be cool to be able to talk about such things without necessarily having the feeling that something's not ok, or not fair.

hmm,ok..Wilba was talking about sourcing parts yourself vs. getting a Kit, i actually misunderstood, but nao i haz cookie!

Anyway, I don't see how sourcing parts yourself can be considered as bitching...

It's the least interesting part of our hobby, but offensive? Not really...

I can´t believe that some people starts to discus little unproblematic things about buying parts, in homelands or oversea!´ :wacko:

I have sea that the parts in the Kit are more expensive like the same Parts i can buy here.

Why should i buy the SAME parts by smash for a higher Price and a higher EUSt. for shipping it?

We want to start a Bulk Order to buy some Parts from Smash TV ! with or without the Parts we can buy Inland!

:question: Is here another Member who wants to buy Parts from SMASH TV? :question:

@csc: i think they just wanted you to tell, that starting a bulk order for saving ~ 10EURs isn't worth the effort. you have to wait until ppl get busy (mostly they don't), you have to deal with strangers and discuss unnecessary things in the forum. just order your core32 module today and save yourself some time and nerves. ordering today will get you the module most quickly, and yes $31 for shipping is high but nobody except smashTV is selling these, so we all have to deal with it.:yes:

my tip for you: if you think you'll need a crimp tool in the future, get it from smash. i needed one and then i thought: aww come on, too expensive with shipping and custom duties, but then i realized, that getting a proper crimp plier here in germany is more expensive than ordering one from smash (checked everything from ebay to reichelt.

Edited by krisschneider

• 3 weeks later...

Is the bulk order still open?

I would like to buy 2 32cores as well - and I'm not only interested in saving the postal fee. For me the most annoying issue with the order would be the procedure with the duty. If you don't want to spend another 10 Euro or more you have to go to the next duty office, which for me would mean 25 km to the next big city. And there you need more than 30min for filling out the right papers.

So a little praise for macsurfer to do the job!

solarvent

• 2 weeks later...

About postage prices and customs. It is just a few bucks. My thoughts: One guy in germany order a huge box from Tim. Pay everything. Now he's gotta find out how much each and everyone ows in customs and postage. Then he gotta take some money for the redistrubution job in germany. All in all, it's better going to work a couple of hours overtime, and then buy what you need instead of using a lot of time and energy trying to save a few bucks on postage... IMHO.

For the record, I will recommend dealing with smashTV any time. He has extremely fair prices, you get what you order, and you get it in good package and great condition. The attitude is service. And by shopping from him you will also help keep the community alive in some way... not that it's near death or anything :) You get the idea...

• 2 years later...
I can't believe how excited people get from saving a few Euro and depriving SmashTV of a few bucks for his efforts of finding the best parts that fit the PCB... and how much you people bitch about high postage costs. Get over it, already. This is a hobby (or should be), and a pretty cheap one compared to others, and you'd rather waste your time sourcing parts locally instead of just get the good stuff from SmashTV.

I think I should recommend SmashTV double his Core32 PCB price and offer free parts kits as an optional extra.

Hi All, just seeing that post and Wilba note!

I am fully agree with him! What we get with that forum via Thorsten, SmashTV and other is exceptional and a big invest of time.

And musn't be forgotten. They could have done theirs own business with that and you should have pay such a sequencer V4 3000€... Keep this in minds!

Regards,

PK 

• 2 weeks later...