Aftermarket SID chips?

Davo

They can't be referring to 6582A SIDs which I sold, they won't work in a SidStation (wrong voltage, wrong filter caps). IMHO the supply was genuinely scarce, and they got lucky and found more 6581R4AR that weren't broken or cleaned-up pulls from C64s.

Wilba, I haven't been following this forum for long, so there could be an obvious answer to this question (or maybe there is no answer ;)), but did you manage to get all the rest of the existing stock when you did the 6582A mega sales a while back (unfortunately for me, that was before I was around)? Or is there a chance that there is still unused stock of 6582A chips to be found somewhere?

Reason I´m asking is that after listening to the two 6581:s and the two 6582A:s that are in my MB-6582, I think I should eventually try to acquire more 6582 chips to make the synth all-6582. Not that the 6581 sounds bad (when playing games with C64 I actually prefer 6581), but in a Midibox, the 6582 is superior.

Edited by jaans