any ideas please

kris

hello there

ive managed to cure the random signals on my new midi-box64

but now ive got a problem with some of the din inputs. half are working and half are not, the 4 chips on the first board work and the 4 chips on the second board dont.

ive swapped chips from one board to the other all the chips work.

ive checked connections and wires from buttons to board all okay

ive checked connection from first din to the second din board, its okay

ive checked theres a voltage to the second board 4.99v

now ive run out of ideas so any creative input would be appreciated

regards kris

Hi Kris,

I would propose to test the SC and RC connections between the first and second DINX4 module with the SRIO interconnection test (-> http://www.ucapps.de/mios_download.html )

(see README.txt for further instructions)

The SI connection between the first and second board can only be checked with a multimeter, e.g. with a beeper function: remove the last chip of the first DINX4 module, and the first chip of the second DINX4 module, thereafter "beep" the connection between the SER input of IC4 (first DINX4 module) and the QH output of IC1 (second DINX4 module).

If this still doesn't help to locate the error, it would be interesting if the second module is working when it's connected directly to the MBHP_CORE module (-> swap first and second DINX4 module)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

i bet more than likely you have it linked wrong, its the most common mistake to make. to stop this happening i only put one row of header pins on my dinx boards.

if you look at the dinx4 board from the top (presuming you have got a smashtv board) you only put the headers on the leftmost outer holes, and the same on the j2 headers also

here is one of my dinx4 boards, the first headers on J1 are only on the leftmost holes and on J2 the inner (left) holes also.

dinx4.jpg

try this, hope it helps.

thanks very much ssp thats exactly what i had done so now thats done yippee, but i have one button that is not working.

ive tested the connection to the din board okay

ive checked the ground connection okay

ive replaced with another button no difference

i swapped two chips around on the board no difference

again any ideas appreciated

regards kris

Edited by kris

easiest way to rule out the button is get a fine pair of tweezers or a pice of wire and touch one ned to the pin that it uses and the other to gnd, see if the lcd shows a 0 to 127 jump, if so its the button.

so say your using pin 4 for this button and then its going to to gnd, then all you do is put one end of the tweezer on pin header 4 and the other to gnd (same if using a wire) and if your lcd shos a jump from 0 to 127 then its the button.

one other thing make sure you have the wires going to the right terminals on the button!!

youd think so but ive checked the connectivity quite a number of times now, including running a different wire from the button to the board no change in the situation. The only thing i can think of now is if one of the resistors is faulty ( could this produce this fault??) unfortunately i dont have a replacement to try at the moment as usual any ideas of where to go from here appreciated

regards kris

Edited by kris

If this still doesn't help to locate the error, it would be interesting if the second module is working when it's connected directly to the MBHP_CORE module (-> swap first and second DINX4 module)

Hi kris,

Are you swaped first and second DINX4 module too?

Regards,

Janis

fortunately janis i didnt have to as this was suggested for the problem of the second board not working which was fixed with ssp's suggestion thanks tho

still not found the solution for the one button not working, now the only thing i can think of is different dinx4 board but i dont have one to hand. so i think i just make it one of the outof the way buttons that doesnt work and live with it

regards kris