for 1 yac i need to solder ...

yodabe

hi all

for 1 yac i need to solder other components ?

post-3579-045993000 1294006309_thumb.jpg

original link

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tested the module and no sound

tested with mbfm_interconnection_test_v2 the connection its ok

tested with mbfm_testtone_v1c no sound in out 1 or 2

i got a popping noise sound when turn on the mbfm

?

best regards

Edited by nILS
resized the pic and attached it to the post

That's all the parts you need (if the components on the bottom side of the board are soldered correctly and there's a jumper wire under IC3).

* Got a pic of the underside?

* Are the voltages ok (especially the bipolar supply voltage for the OPAMPs)?

erm...dont get me wrong but that soldering looks really aweful and you got several bridges at the smd chips and all over the place.That´s very likely the reason that it is not working. I see bridges at pin 8/9 and 13/14 of the OPL. The Chips look like they would "stand" on solder.

Then you got a bridge in front of the nr. 1 pin of the OPL between the third and fourth trace...and so on..

What iron did u use? Small tip and regulated is highly recommended especially when dealing with SMD parts. Its not only that

you get bad and bulky joints but you "burn" the chips using an unregulated iron with a big tip.

What you can do now is "cleaning" the PCB. That means that you get yourself some solder wick and desolder the SMD parts (with a decent iron!) and resolder the obvious bridges. Do that carefully. Dont heat the SMD parts for too long and with to much power. They will fry if they havent already.

I could imagine you already broke the parts but just try it.

Watch this to get an impression how to solder SMD.

http://store.curiousinventor.com/guides/Surface_Mount_Soldering/101/

Edited by phunk

erm...dont get me wrong but that soldering looks really aweful and you got several bridges at the smd chips and all over the place.That´s very likely the reason that it is not working. I see bridges at pin 8/9 and 13/14 of the OPL. The Chips look like they would "stand" on solder.

Then you got a bridge in front of the nr. 1 pin of the OPL between the third and fourth trace...and so on..

What iron did u use? Small tip and regulated is highly recommended especially when dealing with SMD parts. Its not only that

you get bad and bulky joints but you "burn" the chips using an unregulated iron with a big tip.

What you can do now is "cleaning" the PCB. That means that you get yourself some solder wick and desolder the SMD parts (with a decent iron!) and resolder the obvious bridges. Do that carefully. Dont heat the SMD parts for too long and with to much power. They will fry if they havent already.

I could imagine you already broke the parts but just try it.

Watch this to get an impression how to solder SMD.

http://store.curiousinventor.com/guides/Surface_Mount_Soldering/101/

i use an ersa 3cs/331 30w and 1.5mm tips

the chip are not burned i desolded it very carefully it does not have to heat only tepid

check my new pic with light back the board

thx for your help

Aren't you missing some components south of IC6? Best solution would be to just solder the missing parts, i think - all done :thumbsup: that way you will also be ready for an extra YAC if you find one at some point. It's not like it will be very expensive or anything :tongue:

Aren't you missing some components south of IC6?

The missing components (C14, C19, C13, R13, R10, R12, R15, C25, C26, C29, R11, R14, C33, R20, R21, R22, R23, C34, R3, C11, C22, C21, C12, C30) are only relevant for the second YAC (see http://ucapps.de/mbhp_opl3.html). Leaving them out will not cause any problems.

Make sure to check for bridges further away from the SMD chips as well - better to be on the safe side :)

If you're positive that you don't have any bridges, remove the opamps and see if you get an audio signal @ IC3:10 and IC3:14. That'll help to tell us if the problem occurs before or after the opamps.

Read

I had problems with the YAC. I am still not sure if it was the chips I got or my Surface mount soldering. Those little bastards are finicky. I was super meticulous with the second set I got and Lo and Behold! I Haz FM!

I do know that I had problems with my GM5 and upon closer inspection it looked like it probably could have done with a more thorough soldering job. Unfortunately, when I went to pull him off, a couple of his legs went bye bye. :bye: Poor little guy never had a chance.

Luckily the YACs seem a lot sturdier.

Check pins 21 and 22 on the YMF with a headphones and a resistor or something like that to see if your getting audio out of it.

remove the opamps and see if you get an audio signal @ IC3:10 and IC3:14. That'll help to tell us if the problem occurs before or after the opamps.

get this from ic3 pin 10

sam1337w.th.jpg

and this on ic3 pin 14

sam1338.th.jpg

thx

all module

sam1343.th.jpg

Edited by yodabe

Check pins 21 and 22 on the YMF with a headphones and a resistor or something like that to see if your getting audio out of it.

Those are digital pins - why would you "listen" to what comes out of them? There's no audio before the YACs.

By default all unselected pins are 0V

Hmm.

1) Remove the LCD for testing (as it shares pins with the OPL3)

2) Check for shorts on the core>opl3 connection

3) Recheck the wiring (http://ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_opl3_interconnections.pdf)

4) Shorten the cable between core and opl module

Those are digital pins - why would you "listen" to what comes out of them? There's no audio before the YACs.

Hmm.

3) Recheck the wiring (http://ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_opl3_interconnections.pdf)

tested the same

checked no shorts and tested with other core module the same !!!

3) Recheck the wiring (http://ucapps.de/mbh...connections.pdf)

checked and rechecked no error

not tested thats possible is only the cable in fault ?

other test

try other pic the first is a 18f457 try on 18f4685 the same

tested with no eeprom on core board the same

tested only the core the same error on d0 d1 d2 d3

thx

re

i try new upload mios 1.9g and mbfm 1.1d modified asm for my encoders en recompiled for 18f4685

not work 4.77v on d0-d3

try lcd in 4bit mode + pull up resistor for the can bus

not work too

im lost !

IN readme.txt :

By default all unselected pins are 0V

The SID pins are mapped to following keys:

C : Pin J2_1:RS = 5V

C#: Pin J2_1:A0 = 5V

D : Pin J2_1:A1 = 5V

D#: Pin J2_1:WR = 5V

E : Pin J2_1:D0 = 5V

F : Pin J2_1:D1 = 5V

F#: Pin J2_2:D2 = 5V

G : Pin J2_2:D3 = 5V

G#: Pin J2_2:D4 = 5V

A : Pin J2_2:D5 = 5V

A#: Pin J2_2:D6 = 5V

B : Pin J2_2:D7 = 5V

the sid ? not a sid is opl module

are you 100% sure if the d0-d3 is setup to 0v in interconection test ?

maybe anybody test in your mdfm if you have 4.7v on d0-d3 ?

on my all core module is 4.7v to d0-d3 !

thx

Hi,

the interconnection test isn't prepared for PIC18F4685; you also need a special modification in the MBFM firmware to get access to the OPL3 module.

As I'm planning to upgrade my own MBFM to PIC18F4685 soon, I will be able to adapt the applications so that you are able to continue.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi,

As I'm planning to upgrade my own MBFM to PIC18F4685 soon, I will be able to adapt the applications so that you are able to continue.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

its very cool TK thx

but i have 18f452 with mbfm on (my first test)

i retest the interconnection with this and feedback

thx

best regards