SEQ V4 and AOUT_NG: 5V Power necessary to work?

mokkinger

Hi Folks,

my SEQ V4 has an AOUT_NG module attached, that wont put out any CV. After checking the wiring and the correct setup of the Seq/Tracks, I was wondering if I need to attach a +5V source to the SEQ V4 in order to run the AOUT_NG, or is the USB Power enough?

I do have the +-12V attached to the AOUT though...

thanks for your help,

regards,

mark

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: I am assuming you're having a display or two as well? USB can supply a max. of 500mA which is not enough to run a full mbSEQ on. You'll get away with USB power with just a core32 module and an aout_ng module, most likely not if anything else (especially DOUTs and LCDs) are connected.

sad but true - it wont work. still no CV output on the AOUT_NG Module.

I tried everything again, connected the core to an extra 5v power, connected the ground pads of both power supplies, checked the solder joints twice again, nothing.

is there any other way to check if the TLV is okay? any possibility to check if the output on J19 of the Core32 Module is correct, when routing the G1T1 to AOUT?

As I dont have any other midi box core module I cant check it in any other combination, and, if there isn´t any possib. to test the AOUT_NG itself for full function OR test the Core32 if its output on J19 is fine?

please help as I am really stuck here... :(

thanks!

mark

EDIT: as thorsten replied on my question from yesterday in the troubleshooting forum we can maybe close this thread here as the topics are similar...

Edited by mokkinger