ALBS Waldorf Knobs Bulk Order #1 2011

phunk

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I contacted Albs by myself and ordered a couple of knobs. They were pretty fast, so I'm wondering why this all has to take months? In next few days, some translucent Drehknopf DK16-190V3 A.6/4,5 AT=14 will arrive at my site. If anyone wants some of these, PM me. :flowers:

Price per knob is 1,25EUR excl. shipping.

Edit: will post pics, when they arrive

Edited by kristal=

All this "has to" take months because the community agreed on ordering jointly, to make sure that this source does not dry out on us. The reason is that ALBS will quit serving us once they get too many small orders from individuals, because it will not be cost effective for them any longer. Every individual order gets us one step closer to such a situation. Hopefully, yours was large enough for them not to re-think their policy.

Don't worry illmenator, if my order had been insignifcant, the CEO wouldn't have replied to me... I don't see any grounds for your claim.

And let's see, whether this has to take months or just a week. I actually want to build stuff and I'm sure others want too.

I think they do gladly accept minor quantity sales, as long as it does not disrupt their business process... I would do that, as a business owner, at least...

But ilmenators argument is also valid, if all the people interested in this year´s bulk now flood them with orders, they may rethink their distribution policy.

What is probably needed is someone based in Germany with enough time on hands (i haven´t) and enough credability to do the bulk order.

Many greets,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

Hey Peter :-)

Yes, I see the problem with the minor order flooding. That's why I kept the order large enough to pay the "Azubi" to collect the knobs for me and pack them. Actually, the order is an experiment of me, because I want to know how lead times and their business manners are. I think the reason, why the knob bulk orders are so slow here, is that we wait for the guys who check in every 2 weeks in order to save 2EUR in total. Somewhere I read Wilba writing about 30% no answering to PMs even when on a bulk order. Well, this doesn't sound fair to me, if the lazy guys slow down the busy guys. So I thought, man, get an order done and see, whether it works or not and whether it's appreciated or not. Albs appreciated it and I hope you guys do too. I asked them, if further orders in my quantities are okay and they said: sure.

Many greets back

Martin

Edit: e.g. the last bulkorder done by phunk can be split easily into 2 ones: a fast one and a super slow one with no price difference.

Edited by kristal=

I wish they did more colors, but the transparent blue can be seen on some Microwave XTk synths. A friend of mine has one, I'll make do with a rack XT that comes with another type of knobs... I think the red ones were on one of the Q variants, Phoenix edition maybe?

Anywho, looking forward to some photo pr0n tongue.png

Some day I'll have that very disco controller for my MIDI hardware... Maybe starting with the VSfrantics.gif

Edited by jojjelito

knobs have arrived :sorcerer:

06.08. inquiry -> 07.08. reply -> 07.08. order -> 08.08 confirmation -> delivery: 13.08. (weekend included) :super:

If you want some of them PM me.

:heart:

Prices are the following:

DK16-190V3 A.6/4,5 AT=14

1,25EUR per knob (1,15EUR if I'll order over 500 pcs. next time)

Insured & trackable shipping incl. sturdy cardboard box : 3,80 EUR Germany, 5,50 EUR abroad

SEPA money transfer within the EU: no transfer fees (preferred)

No SEPA? Then please make sure the Paypal tranfer and conversion fees are covered by you - it's called personal payment and it has a checkbox that says: Sender will cover the tranfer and conversion fee)

:heart:

post-7120-0-15081100-1344936822_thumb.jp

post-7120-0-55941200-1344936825_thumb.jp

post-7120-0-18690900-1344936845_thumb.jp

post-7120-0-26300600-1344936942_thumb.jp

Edited by kristal=