MIDIbox SID V2 Patches

TK.

Followup to

Attached some bassline patches that I found on my second Bankstick.

You already know the first ones from the remaining three ones were not published yet.

Some short demos:

direkt link, 13 MB

(feedback pot used on all patches, external Fx and EQs have been added to the audio path)

Update 2018-05-01: some new patches now released in SVN repository:
http://svnmios.midibox.org/listing.php?repname=svn.mios&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fsynthesizers%2Fmidibox_sid_v2%2Fpresets%2F

Some demos:
http://www.ucapps.de/mp3/midibox_sid/mbsid_v2_tk2_soundbank_demo_part2.mp3

Please add your own patches to this thread, regardless if Lead, Bassline, Drum or Multi

A MP3 which demonstrates the patches is nice to have, but no must!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

bassline_tk.zip

Thanks TK. That sounds awesome! Makes my stupid little patches sound stupid :sad:

I guess I'll have to get my lazy ass around to finally learning how to upload patches so I can contribute.

SOOOoooo....

are you having a Dance Party over there? Sure sounds like it :afro:

That's a pretty good American Accent you have too, BTW.

A little stiff if I might say though. I'd have figgered with all that dancin' you'd sound a little looser :wink:

Anyway, Sounds Great and Thank You. :flowers:

That's a pretty good American Accent you have too, BTW.

A little stiff if I might say though. I'd have figgered with all that dancin' you'd sound a little looser :wink:

Actually, it's software, online :) But yes, i also think it sounds pretty good compared to what i've heard from other alternatives.

Tried to find the link, i know it is in some thread inhere, but initially no luck. Gotta leave now, but i bet TK can tell you the link to the website where the voice was made

Ohhhh...

I thought maybe he was related to Stephen Hawking or something

He's smart enough. :thumbsup:

I'm glad i didn't go ahead and expostulate on the differences of a BassLine (Like Base) and a Bass Line (like the fish)!!! :whistle:

Anyway.... I'm sure TK's a much better Dancer than Stephen Hawking!!

P.S. It wasn't my intention to hijack this thread. I guess I oughta get some Patches up here soon to redeem myself :flowers:

Thanks for the compliments - now you should really contribute, regardless of the quality.

Somebody else might fork a new patch from yours (-> double fun :))

Copy & Improve is explicitly allowed!

Really nice! Is this without any analog filters connected?

Yes, it's only the feedbacked 6582 filter. Sometimes it sounds unusual since I'm driving it into saturation by using three oscillators for a single sound; the OSCs have to run at the same pitch (no detune!), the phases should be synchronized. This gives you some nice distortion for free :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

submitting "ViRal3".. the slow constant stereo pulse comes from the patch itself... the mod matrix of the v2 is almighty! :super: great for drum and bass btw :)

the demo (listen with stereo headphones!) was just improvised live on a keyboard using 4 stereo sid channels of the great mb-6582 with feedback mod and feedback cranked up and is otherwise completely uncut/unedited, so expect no wonders as i´m frackin´ tired :-), no fx but a simple echo was added. am a big fan of pink floyd atmospheric sounds, but there is a very very long road ahead :)

as i´ve just blamed myself now, you have nothing to lose, we are interested in your patches and demos, c´mon :-)

ViRal3.zip

ViRalDemo.mp3

Edited by Hawkeye

Nice to see and hear your patches, moaaaaar :-)

Here are two of mine, this time a more 8-bit-era-sounding brass sound :-)

The first part of the demo was played live on a keyboard (using a non-mb6582 instrument), then the brass2 instrument which was played by a seq lowpass-filter-fades in, from then it is just the 4-channel stereo mb6582 and the seq :-) - no fx, but a very simple digital echo was added - keyboard playing in part one, mb6582-lowpass filtering and seq track muting performed live :)

Brass1.zip

Brass2.zip

BrassDemo.mp3

Edited by Hawkeye

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Heres the few patches i made with my limited time with the mb-6582,

thanks to Hawkeye for the inspiration and motivation that helped me to pull this baby out again, in order to commence re-wiring.

Fairly basic and raw, tweak them to your preference.

It includes the patch i made for my basic drum demo...

I had it saved as 2 patches, they may be identical as i dont have the CS hooked up to find out.

Basic Drum Demo.zip

Basic Drum Demo2.zip

Irish whiskey.zip

Warm Bass.zip

Edited by Smithy

• 2 weeks later...

Smithy, your drums are great - thanks for upping!

Made a very little live track with them, also featuring the Yamaha FS1R FM synth :)

Greetz,

Hawkeye

haha,you're probably giving me too much praise for the drums but glad you enjoyed them!

Another nice track!

Parts of your style reminds me of Ulrich Schnauss at times. :)

Edited by Smithy

• 9 months later...

There's really a huge lot of great patches here! too bad I can't get them to upload properly to my Midibox SID (actually a sammichSID). But maybe I'm getting something wrong here.

When I send the syx file with MIOS studio, the patch will end up overwriting an existing patch, since MIOS studio places them where they where on the original Midibox (my assumption) and there is no way to tell MIOS studio where to put the patch... or am I missing something? Tried to look it up in the manual but I can't find much information...

Recommendation: use Rutger´s fantastic patch editor/librarian. It allows to load patches to (computer) memory, view them on screen and then send them to MBSID "buffer", meaning it is not stored on the bankstick and then save it where you want it, if you like it. You can also manage whole banks of patches. Great tool!

Bye,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

you mean the CTRLR panel? so far I can't find any way to load a patch in there, at least not from a syx file. I have the version from the CTRLR website, dont' know if there's some unofficial builds

update: oh wait, you mean the java version... too bad I'm running OSX Lions, seems like it's not working with it...

I wonder why MIOS does not store the patch in the buffer when you send it a sysex message... would make more sense imho

Edited by rumpelfilter

Yes, currently the Ctrlr panel can't be used as patch librarian, I'm waiting for an update as well.

I wonder why MIOS does not store the patch in the buffer when you send it a sysex message... would make more sense imho

Not true, the SysEx implementation of MBSID is *very* flexible! :-)

It's possible to send the patch either to a given bank and patch slot, or directly into the edit buffer (so that a patch won't be overwritten, resp. could be stored with the SAVE function from the CS)

This is documented here: http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fsynthesizers%2Fmidibox_sid_v2%2Fdoc%2Fmbsidv2_sysex_implementation.txt

resp. in doc/mbsidv2_sysex_implementation.txt of the installation package that you downloaded.

Quick guide (if you don't want to work through this document):

The SysEx patch starts with:

F0 00 00 7E 4B <device-number> 02 00 <bank> <patch> <1024 bytes of dump data> <checksum> F7

You can change the bank and patch number directly in the SysEx header, it doesn't affect the checksum.

If you want to send the patch directly to the edit buffer (-> no BankStick overwrite), replace the "00" before <bank> by "08"

F0 00 00 7E 4B <device-number> 02 08 <bank> <patch> <1024 bytes of dump data> <checksum> F7

(<bank> and <patch> are ignored in this case)

Again, this change doesn't affect the checksum which make manual edits easy!

SysEx data can be loaded/modified/sent with the SysEx tool of MIOS Studio.

Once the promissed Ctrlr updates are also available for MacOS, I will continue on the panel (I'm also a Mac user...)

Best Regards, Thorsten.