MIDIbox SID V2 Patches

TK.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few patches I've made over a period of time. Some of them are more usable than others, and some are just random sound effects and such I decided to save in case I happen to need "computer chaos" style noises at some point :) The randomiser is a great help in coming up with good (or at least interesting ;) sounds.

The attachment includes both individual patches and a 16 patch bank file. Here's a YouTube demonstration of the sounds:

And BTW here's another YouTube clip of a song I made some time ago, it doesn't have a proper singing track yet so it's just a 20 second clip of an instrumental part. It features the arpeggio (more or less anyway) in the patch bank plus a slightly tweaked 'Nice Lead' from the "original" TK bank. (And don't mind the video :)

jjonasbank.zip

• 6 months later...

here's three, 

Filtered poly is just a slight tweak on the original

BassSnatch is two sequences split between left and right SID channels with 5 presequenced bits

Big Black is a nice heavy sounding bass and snare with the drum line from big blacks bad houses

meant to be played around 50 bpm

enjoy!

couple custom.zip

Edited by Napalmtree

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello Midi Bro's, this thread is getting dusty, what a pity !

In the mbsidv2_sysex_implementation.txt - Rev 1190 i read :

02/a) F0 00 00 7E 4B <device-number> 02 00 <bank> <patch> <1024 bytes of dump data> <checksum> F7
        Write a dump to <patch> in <bank>
        Checksum is 2s complement over the 1024 bytes dump

Please can someone help me with the Checksum calculation ? (I understand what is the two's complement, but i'm unsure about how to apply it over the 1024 byte dump.

And before anyone complain : this is definitely sid-v2-patch related ;) more soon (hopefuly)

Thanks !!

Edited by bill
ok i found how to do the math

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I uploaded some bassline patches of "TK2 soundbank" that I created the last years, but never released (want to archive them :)
http://svnmios.midibox.org/listing.php?repname=svn.mios&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fsynthesizers%2Fmidibox_sid_v2%2Fpresets%2F

Some demos (6 of 28 basslines):
http://www.ucapps.de/mp3/midibox_sid/mbsid_v2_tk2_soundbank_demo_part2.mp3

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 year later...

I uploaded some bassline patches of "TK2 soundbank" that I created the last years, but never released (want to archive them :)
http://svnmios.midibox.org/listing.php?repname=svn.mios&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fsynthesizers%2Fmidibox_sid_v2%2Fpresets%2F

Some demos (6 of 28 basslines):
http://www.ucapps.de/mp3/midibox_sid/mbsid_v2_tk2_soundbank_demo_part2.mp3

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Grreat acid, can you re-upload  patches please?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello everybody!

I've had my MBSID for like 16 years now, and never really managed to dive in. But finally, in the last few weeks, I have put my head into it and sound synthesis in general. I have been digging into both the MBSID and my old Korg Z1, and it has been an amazing journey of discovery and learning. I'm finally able to build sounds with these machines! And I'm simply stunned by all the possible options inside the MBSID synth engine. I know the Z1 is considered a deep synth, but the MBSID is even deeper in some ways, truly a marvel!

So, here is a lead sound I have been working on. Add some delay after your stereo 8580, and enjoy! :)

JTP Lead 1

Primary realtime control goes like this:

Knob 3 - Pulsewidth
Knob 5 - Filter Cutoff
Aftertouch - LFO 1 Depth (Vibrato Depth)

The patch can sound very different at different filter cutoff settings, varying the percussive attack among other things. A lot of expressiveness comes from the interplay between Pulsewidth and Filter Cutoff. On my MBSID I have hardwired Knob 3 to a joystick Y-axis and Knob 5 to a foot pedal, so I can really wail on this patch!

JTP_Lead_1.zip

• 2 years later...