Car accident injury prevents me from finishing my 90% done MB-6582. Wilba approved. Help for a fee?

sensorium

I recently (finally) began assembling my MB-6582. I got it about 90%+ complete, then had to stop due to a wrist injury in an auto accident. Turns out I have a severely torn tendon which is very painful and they have immobilized my wrist/hand. IF they decide surgery is the best option, it would take up to 12 months to completely heal. The tedious soldering work has proven to be very difficult for me. The project is SO close to being finished, and I really wanted to use it on a project this summer. I am reaching to the forum in hopes to find someone who would be willing to finish my assembly (I will pay for bench time of course). I thought about finding someone local, but I'd prefer to have an experienced midiboxer do it. If you are willing to do this huge favor for me, I'd be happy to send you some pics of my progress, but here's where it is right now:

I'd say its 90%+ complete. All it really needs is troubleshooting with the MIDI, LCD wired up, encoders soldered, ribbon-wire connections on the boards. Once the midi is working and assuming everything else works ok, just pop in the SID chips and that PCB is finished. All that is left on the control PCB is wiring up the LCD, and then the 2 PCBs need to be connected via ribbon wire or individual wiring.

Thanks for your help on this!

I would gladly volunteer, but shipping is going to be a bit antifun - both financially anf time-wise. If all else fails you already have two volunteers on the other side of the globe :thumbsup: I guess you'll get some more responses from our US boxers once the forum hickups are over :)

What's wrong with the midi? what's it doing? That gives me the heebie jeebies :wacko:

I'd be happy to hook it all up for you. You have a faceplate for it? all the nuts and bolts and standoffs and fiddly shit?

I live in PA, outside of Philly.

I screwed up my first build so I had to build it again. That one I'm still working on the CS :whistle: (he he he) I built another one with the standard CS without a hitch. PM me if you want.

Edited by JRock