Doug Wellington (MB-808) Contact / Status?

101 Force

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello,

now eight-oh-eight.org is not reachable anymore.

Has anyone any more information on this?

Or at least did someone backup the site?

Sent 200 Dollars for 2 kits in January 2010 (4 years ago now)

and beside a short message that i'm on the list i haven't heard

anything.

Let's keep on hoping :smile:

Cheers

Chris

Edit:
http://www.midiboxaddict.com/

ist still online and Doug is giving information there.

Edited by dustex

Can't promise how much I'll check in here, but I got an email about the latest posts and thought this was an obvious place to put an update.

I don't own the eight-oh-eight.org domain.  I don't have a login there any more, so I can't even put in my charge card info like I did last time.  I don't have a phone number for Moogah, I only have email and mailing addresses.  I sent an email as soon as I realized the site was down, but haven't heard back.

I think I have copies of the files from the site, so as I have time, I will upload them to the midiboxaddict.com site.  I own that domain and I pay for that hosting.

On a personal note, my son has cleaned up his act and is now away attending a two year college.  My daughter has dropped out of University and is in a twelve step program, so I have been able to step back from that as well.  I am almost completely recovered from my last surgery and I can walk and ride a bike again.  (I need to ride the bike 40 minutes every day for my heart, and along with the beta blockers, my blood pressure is now usually below 140/90, not ideal, but better than the 170/105 I had before, and the migraines are gone.)  I hope we're done with the deaths in the family (most recent one was last month) for a while, and I am now working on a different contract at work, so I'm not travelling 50% of the time like I used to.  I will have to travel next month (March) for one week and then I have only one more business trip for a week some time later in the year.

I know it has been a long time, but things are looking up and I will get out from under the backlog.  I'm not trying to be rude, but please don't waste your and my time by complaining about things, I don't have time to deal with it.  If it makes you feel better, you may indeed call me any name you wish.  If you're truly not happy, please send me an email at my midiboxaddict dot com address and ask for a refund.  It may take me a while, but you'll get it if you ask for it.  Otherwise I promise you'll get a kit some time this year.

Regards,

Doug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Can't promise how much I'll check in here, but I got an email about the latest posts and thought this was an obvious place to put an update.

I don't own the eight-oh-eight.org domain.  I don't have a login there any more, so I can't even put in my charge card info like I did last time.  I don't have a phone number for Moogah, I only have email and mailing addresses.  I sent an email as soon as I realized the site was down, but haven't heard back.

I think I have copies of the files from the site, so as I have time, I will upload them to the midiboxaddict.com site.  I own that domain and I pay for that hosting.

On a personal note, my son has cleaned up his act and is now away attending a two year college.  My daughter has dropped out of University and is in a twelve step program, so I have been able to step back from that as well.  I am almost completely recovered from my last surgery and I can walk and ride a bike again.  (I need to ride the bike 40 minutes every day for my heart, and along with the beta blockers, my blood pressure is now usually below 140/90, not ideal, but better than the 170/105 I had before, and the migraines are gone.)  I hope we're done with the deaths in the family (most recent one was last month) for a while, and I am now working on a different contract at work, so I'm not travelling 50% of the time like I used to.  I will have to travel next month (March) for one week and then I have only one more business trip for a week some time later in the year.

I know it has been a long time, but things are looking up and I will get out from under the backlog.  I'm not trying to be rude, but please don't waste your and my time by complaining about things, I don't have time to deal with it.  If it makes you feel better, you may indeed call me any name you wish.  If you're truly not happy, please send me an email at my midiboxaddict dot com address and ask for a refund.  It may take me a while, but you'll get it if you ask for it.  Otherwise I promise you'll get a kit some time this year.

Regards,

Doug

Refund has been asked several times in 2013 at the midiboxaddict adress, and in several forums. No answer, no refund...

I retried one week ago, when i saw this message. No answer yet.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Funny, i've tried to contact him 3 times this year with no success.

I was able to speak with him by phone on the 4th of November 2014. Asked for a refund and he told me that he was going to make the refund during the following weekend.

I haven't received anything.

In case someone wants to give him a call and ask for the status of the project or a refund, you can grab his info from http://www.synthpanels.com/about.html

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I am very sorry for the people who have lost their money. And if the sad stories from Doug are true, i feel sorry for him. But that does not make it in anyway OK.

The money is not his to take and he should have either not accept it or immediately return it when he realized he could not keep his end of the bargain.

However after all these years i do not think it's very realistic to think that the he will ever refund any money. The money is probably long gone for what ever reason. It's hard pill to swallow but this is the harsh reality.

Our money may have gone, but he's posted pictures of the stack of parts he has, why he can't just ship what he has (apparently 98% of the parts) to us all I do not know.

Also the domain goes down every year, I seem to remember the usual excuse is that someone else owns it and they have to do the renewal on Doug's behalf.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did not think that it will go so far but the money seems to be gone. Over time, I have always sent a mail to Doug. The final/latest answer is from the 02/21/2014:
"It's not the end. I do not own the web site, Moogah does. He did not
pay the hosting fee. I have been trying to contact him ...

Doug "

The email address was: doug@differentskies.org
But this email no longer exists because the page  http://differentskies.com/ disappeared.
My email has not arrived.
This is very strange because the domains still exist:

http://whois.domaintools.com/midiboxaddict.com

http://whois.domaintools.com/differentskies.com

http://whois.domaintools.com/differentskies.org

http://whois.domaintools.com/eight-oh-eight.org

seems to be gone.

http://reversewhois.domaintools.com/doug-wellington

• 1 month later...