Doug Wellington (MB-808) Contact / Status?

101 Force

• 2 months later...

Okay, after dunno how many years of waiting a couple of circuits and few electronic components, bad communication, and a long list of comments from unhappy people, should I consider myself being ripped off?

I guess so...

EDIT

I sound maybe a bit harsh.

On November 17, 2011 Dous states on http://www.eight-oh-eight.org/ :

I was asked in email how soon I would be requesting final payments. I understand that this is a tough time of year, in tough economic times. I hope to request payments some time in December, but don't worry, there is no time limit on when you have to pay me. Everyone who has given me a deposit will get a kit. It has taken almost two years to get to this point, so I won't complain if you guys take two years to send me payments...

Lets see.

Edited by mirmidi

Okay, after dunno how many years of waiting a couple of circuits and few electronic components, bad communication, and a long list of comments from unhappy people, should I consider myself being ripped off?

I guess so...

Only if you directly asked Doug for a refund and did not receive it....

I am not involved in the eight-oh-eight thing but I guess I we need a reminder to choose words carefully and keep it civil.

Best regards

Tim

Only if you directly asked Doug for a refund and did not receive it....

I am not involved in the eight-oh-eight thing but I guess I we need a reminder to choose words carefully and keep it civil.

Best regards

Tim

You are right Tim,

I might have sound a bit polemical. Sorry for that. Speaking too fast is always negative, must always think twice ;) .

I didnt see that his the site was on line, I was sure that it was offline since months...And felt frustrated not to have any information about what is happening with the mb808 after so long. In fact I was wrong, Doug clearly says its going to happen soon. Great!!

My bad, sorry for being stressy!

• 1 month later...

Doug posted about it today at http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=353389#353389

Hopefully nobody will mind if I re-post it here. Apparently he has plans to produce a 9090-like set of two boards with 808 voices once he ships the MB-808 kits...

Well, the bad news is that I'm in the middle of yet another business trip. I fly back home Friday. The good news is that I think the MB-808 PCBs will be there when I get home!

My current plan is to get the current (batch 3) kits shipped, then to build the prototypes of the voice only boards (two boards with six voices each). At that point I'll decide whether batch four is going to be the voice boards or the entire board with sequencer. I'm planning to finalize the stand alone MIDIbox drum sequencer and test it with both my 8080 voice board and Trev's 9090 voice board, so there will be two ways to build an entire 808 clone with sequencer...

Regards,

Doug

• 4 weeks later...

Just FYI:

There is an update on Doug's MB808 site stating that the PCBs have been produced, but the Chinese New Year has delayed their delivery to Arizona. There have been business trips galore, thus impeding the progress, but there should be more news soon.

Thanks for the update Doug! I still think it will be worth it when the PCBs and kits reach us eager folks :flowers:

• 1 month later...

Doug,

I've also emailed you three times over the past month with no response. I'm disappointed I need to resort to a public forum to get your attention.

I think I can speak for all of us who made deposits back in January 2010 that it has been a discouraging experience. It would be great to have the kits shipped. However, I understand technical, logistical, work and life issues beyond your control have held up the process. I get it.

The most frustrating part is the lack of communication. No matter how busy you are with work and life, I'm sure you can find ten minutes in a month to post on the eight-oh-eight web site what is going on. I think you owe it to the group to, at the very least, provide timely updates on the project. It's an implied commitment you made to the group when you accepted deposits to COMMUNICATE WITH US.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Where's the money?

I have had no communication from Doug for ages, no reply to any of my emails since the START OF THE YEAR!

This is now beyond a joke. I am starting legal proceedings to recover the money. Please contact me if you want to make a legal complaint against Doug Wellington for recovery of your deposit, which you gave in good faith.

I feel everyone has been treated very poorly in this process, with numerous complaints of no communication for months.

Very annoyed now.

Where's the money?

I have had no communication from Doug for ages, no reply to any of my emails since the START OF THE YEAR!

This is now beyond a joke. I am starting legal proceedings to recover the money. Please contact me if you want to make a legal complaint against Doug Wellington for recovery of your deposit, which you gave in good faith.

I feel everyone has been treated very poorly in this process, with numerous complaints of no communication for months.

Very annoyed now.

PM'd

• 4 weeks later...