SID 2 faceplate

kogz23

Hello all,

I'm going to make a faceplate for my SID 2. It is going to be the same layout as TK's SID 2, the one that he has attached to his C64.

It will be black anodized aluminum. The cutting will be done by water jet. It will be silk screened in white. This means that some of the "sub labeling" that TK has will not be there.

As with all this kind of stuff the more I do the less it will be. I think if I get 10 done that each panel will be roughly 60 us dollars. The more I do the less it will be.

I want to know how many people are interested. Also suggestions for change in the existing design or extra features would be appreciated.

I hope that this is not stepping on anybody's toes. If it is, or if no one else is interested I'll just bit the bullet and do a one off for myself.

I will not take deposits or anything, I will just get some made up and then if people like the look of them then I'll sell them for cost price (rounded up to the nearest zero!).

So if you like the sound of a hopefully pretty cheap panel for the SID 2 please say and I can get an idea of how many I should get made.

Cheers

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on the layout. At the moment it looks like it will be like wilba's design, with all the extra functionality he's added, but in a shape that will fit on the commodore case like TK's. Just trying to make sure everything will line and fit with veroboards...

• 1 month later...

Still working on the layout. At the moment it looks like it will be like wilba's design, with all the extra functionality he's added, but in a shape that will fit on the commodore case like TK's. Just trying to make sure everything will line and fit with veroboards...

So I have 4 of these available if anyone is interested. Cost is 60 bux plus whatever shipping is.

It is silkscreen over black anodized aluminum.http://img809.imageshack.us/g/dsc02163q.jpg/

It is deigned to go with the Commodore 64 case.

Cheers

Al

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...