Ersatz Yamaha DX7mk2 interface

Davo

I have a Yamaha TX802, which is essentially a DX7mk2 in a rackmount chassis. I'd like to get an actual DX7mk2 one of these days, but I don't know -- the TX802 is so compact and convenient. I just now hatched the crazy idea of replicating the user interface of a DX7mk2 with Midibox hardware. Does anyone know if it's possible to communicate with a TX802 over midi to make this gizmo work? I'd appreciate any ideas and suggestions you may have.

Edited by Davo

I have a Yamaha TX802, which is essentially a DX7mk2 in a rackmount chassis. I'd like to get an actual DX7mk2 one of these days, but I don't know -- the TX802 is so compact and convenient. I just now hatched the crazy idea of replicating the user interface of a DX7mk2 with Midibox hardware. Does anyone know if it's possible to communicate with a TX802 over midi to make this gizmo work? I'd appreciate any ideas and suggestions you may have.

I don't see why not. You just need to lookup the midi implementation chart. A midibox 64 would do the trick.