32-Channel Midibox LC

Hendrik

Hi Folks :)

Spent some time of thinking about starting this topic or not. But as you can see, I finally decided to do it!

First the Backgound:

Some years ago (I think it must have been in 2006 or 2007) I started to build a midibox LC.

I finished all the boards I need and build custom PCBs for the LED's, switches and everything else.

You can see some pictures of the stuff.

post-4887-091641700 1299583005_thumb.jpgpost-4887-021587400 1299583011_thumb.jpgpost-4887-056364000 1299583015_thumb.jpgpost-4887-073613700 1299583019_thumb.jpg

I don't know why, but I stopped spending time fpr that project. Perhaps due to my job.

Now, after I've moved to a new place (2 years ago) I want to go back and start again with my music productions.

For that I'm going to finish my LC and expand it to 32 Channels. Another thing I don't know any longer: I've enough Core, DIN, DOUT and MF PCBs to build this big thing. Amazing...

The last 2 weeks I connected my finished PCBs and did some tests. Everything is working. But I decided to change something.

So I have to build new PCBs for my buttons, for the pots and pot-indication and for the meters.

Due to that I designed a housing for all the stuff.

post-4887-074635000 1299583576_thumb.jpg

Not yet completely finished.

Just want to give you some impressions and keep you guys up to date.

Greetz :)

Edited by Hendrik

I can so it later. But it's a good idea.

I can swap the Transport/Jog/Edit unit 2 faderunits left.

I just have to do it before I build the case.

I think I'll think about it :)

post-4887-032526700 1299602561_thumb.jpg

EDIT: 4 Lines and each starts with "I" :)

EDIT2: Picture added

Edited by Hendrik

julienvoirin inspired me to do a full PCB with all the shift registers and other stuff.

If I can do it the way I want to do, I just have to connect 1 ribbon cable to my core, 1 from this full PCB to the meters, 1 to the touch-sensors.

I hope it will work. Just a little wiring in eagle to do:

post-4887-028889800 1300121718_thumb.jpg

if you can manufacture such a huge PCB i will ask you to make me one (not for a LC but for my custom Matrix1000 controller) !

good luck with wiring, remember that you can switch wires between shift registers and pots/encoder/buttons and redefine them later in the files to compile :thumbsup:

if you can manufacture such a huge PCB i will ask you to make me one (not for a LC but for my custom Matrix1000 controller) !

good luck with wiring, remember that you can switch wires between shift registers and pots/encoder/buttons and redefine them later in the files to compile :thumbsup:

Yes I know. Without that feature I think it would be impossible :)

i've looked at the circuit .. Are you sure about the resistor SIL for the LEDs ? usually it is :

SRoutput--Led--R--Ground

it seems different here (and easy to solve). i guess you mismatched with shift registers for inputs

it's OK now i've better looked : adjacent pins are a resistor isn't it ?

i advise you mini resistor (1/8W) : cheap but hard to find

Edited by julienvoirin

i've looked at the circuit .. Are you sure about the resistor SIL for the LEDs ? usually it is :

SRoutput--Led--R--Ground

it seems different here (and easy to solve). i guess you mismatched with shift registers for inputs

it's OK now i've better looked : adjacent pins are a resistor isn't it ?

i advise you mini resistor (1/8W) : cheap but hard to find

pin 1+2 is one resistor, 3+4 the next one :)

• 4 weeks later...