recommend a sw sequencer to control HW synths??

Nestle

Hi,

Dunno if this is a right part of the forum but I feel this is better than FM or SID portion of it.

Well...

I have been playing with Klee sequencer and really like it. But my puny brain didn't quite figure it out in two 20 minute sessions. Can't spend 40 dollars yet :D

Ok,

And I have tried Fruity Loops, have studied Ableton Live. What I really need is just a stand alone seq to play around with my mb6582 and when it's not available, maybe some other vst or hw synth.

Klee was really near what I have been searching, but somehow it seems better for jamming... What I am about to do is somekinda punk disco with some real instrumets and a MPC. so some basic baselines and pads and sweeps... a few channels and easy interface.

We have a live band and would like to record at least patterns and choose them manually while the song goes on. Not a song mode required.

Despite that the Klee made really nice sounds - I would like more basic approach.

This really is killing me. Fruity Loops is really nice - they say at least - sequencer part of the fruity loops isn't for my brain either. My old analog sequencers are just so nice to play with. But I have to admit - Roland 104 is a bit limited when it comes to playing a bunch of songs.

Any recommendations for electroretard?

:flowers:

Nestle

Edited by Nestle

i like the software klee very much, especially the Klee2, and as you said it's a nice sequencer for jamming.

btw you can run several instances of the Klee at the same time, by renaming the files and copying (at least with the full version) and sync them from external clock (described in the manual)

Dan Nigrin has also just released his software M-185 roland "clone", also available as demo for download from defective records

fun to play with!

other than that i haven't tried any software at all...

Edited by rosch

I've been a fan of FLStudio myself. I don't use the standard sequencer, its sort of old school. Instead I use a MIDI out channel and leverage the piano roll feature. From there I layout song sections in the song pattern editor. It has a lot more options and works quite well with my MB6582.

Pretty much all my projects start in FLStudio then branch out into other tools as I need them.

I've been a fan of FLStudio myself. I don't use the standard sequencer, its sort of old school. Instead I use a MIDI out channel and leverage the piano roll feature. From there I layout song sections in the song pattern editor. It has a lot more options and works quite well with my MB6582.

Pretty much all my projects start in FLStudio then branch out into other tools as I need them.

Höm höm.... Krhm :rolleyes:

Could you post a cool patterns for mb6582 for me to test FL in a "demo environment"

I have these superbig problems with it ... Can't figure out how to record continuous loop... It just extends it and such stuff.... I should watch a tutorial videos more, but all of my time goes working and spending quality time with my wive :D Thats why I was so after simple. But if you can throw a few patterns here, maybe I just could find the time to study as I see that things are possible!

Roope

Edited by Nestle

i like the software klee very much, especially the Klee2, and as you said it's a nice sequencer for jamming.

btw you can run several instances of the Klee at the same time, by renaming the files and copying (at least with the full version) and sync them from external clock (described in the manual)

Dan Nigrin has also just released his software M-185 roland "clone", also available as demo for download from defective records

fun to play with!

other than that i haven't tried any software at all...

Hiya! Yes, I have thoughts about paying the Klee and use it in my jam -stuff. Maybe I need to practice either FL or Ableton for my other needs. Ableton seems so modern that I am not sure if its completely for me. Propably is, but man... And also it might have lasting appeal also. FL is so nice because it has been around for "a while" :D

Gotta try that M-185 out right away... Super cool.

Roope

OK, 2 days of Kleeing around. yes, it is a brilliant seq. The new one - m185 - seems nice too.

This is pretty much just what I need. And it can be used in more programmed way too. Its nice!

Fruity loops on the other hand ... It would take me 2 months to make such a bassline than with Klee - on the other hand, creating automation to the synth values is "a bit" more difficult with Klee. But, it is good to have something to do live also :D

Next question is - What would be the best hardware controller for Klee etc --- at least those 16 encoders, but maybe a short keyboard for controlling notes also? :homestar:

Nestle

16 encoders? I once knew a website where people were building midicontrollers all the time...I wish i could remember it's name :tongue:

maybe put a 64e into a cheap midi-keyboard?

Yeah, I have heard about that also, but can't get the name to pop into my head!!!

Frankly... I have to take a break from soldering. I promised myself that the KaffeSEQ or MBSEQv4 is the next... I am on strike or something :D Next summer maybe!

Nestle