MBCV Gates - 5V to 12V here's a circuit

JRock

I tried and it told me I wasn't allowed. I searched but no luck. I designed a PCB (based on a MFOS design) for a Gate buffer/comparator to boost MBCV gates to 12V for modular stuff. It has 8 gates and gives you 8 triggers too. I'd love to share. It's 1 sided with a few jumpers so you can etch it @ home :thumbsup:

Edited by JRock

I tried and it told me I wasn't allowed. I searched but no luck. I designed a PCB (based on a MFOS design) for a Gate buffer/comparator to boost MBCV gates to 12V for modular stuff. It has 8 gates and gives you 8 triggers too. I'd love to share. It's 1 sided with a few jumpers so you can etch it @ home :thumbsup:

Ooooh, that sounds helpful :) Can I assume you could run it on a 15V PSU?

You could always .zip the file. I'm pretty sure that should upload...

David

I didn't think of that :rolleyes:

I'll see if I can figger that one out while I have little access to the intranetz.

It runs off the same -/+ 12V as the MBCV. I think it needs to be -/+12V for the reference voltage for the comparator circuit.

If you know enough about that kind of stuff you could probably fiddle with the resistor values in the voltage divider (for the reference) right above the first TL074. I don't quite know enough about how this all works yet.

I don't see any reason you couldn't just slap a 7812/7912 on there and run both your MBCV and the Buffer/Comparator board off of that though. (So long as you have enough juice for everything)

I just gave them (the MBCV and the Buffer/Comparator) their own shared supply so as not to bog down my -/+ 15V PSU

Got it!:

It's based on this schematic: MFOS Gate Buffer W/ Comparator outs

The SCH and the BRD files are there. You'll notice there are like 16 gates/inverters on the 40106s that aren't used. That's only for ergonomics. If you can figger out what to do with them let us know.

I would use insulated wire for the jumpers connecting -12V to the TL074s (on the right of them)

Don't forget to hit ratsnest to run the groundplane :thumbsup:

Good Luck!

GateBuffer With Comparator 1 REF routed#3!!.zip

Edited by JRock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...