For Sale: MBSID / MB6582 format with 6 SIDs (3 types)

lucem

.. yes it does. my sammichSID have more punch and is not so much noisy. also in poly mode my sammich sounds clear and not so much distorted. i asked lucem about these differences. but no answer came back.

by the way: i didn`t know that 100 euros are so much money for the members here in the forum and this is a reason to talk about my person here.

i will spent 100,- euro to UNICEF to keep the spirit of the midibox. peace.

.. yes it does. my sammichSID have more punch and is not so much noisy. also in poly mode my sammich sounds clear and not so much distorted.

For the record, that might have had something to do with differences between the 6581, 8580/6582 and SWIN SID chips. Each type has different characteristics, so that might be causing the difference in sound.

As for making a profit on a Midibox project, it's about the non-commercial (and thereby non-profit) spirit I guess.. Also has something to do with the time (and money) that was invested in such a project and (in this case) the small timewindow between the purchase and resell of the MB-6582. It gives a feeling that the effort that was put in making the box maybe isn't really appreciated and maybe you wanted to make some quick money (note: the feeling, I'm not saying it isn't appreciated!).

Wasn't I really cautious when writing about this?

I did my best to not sound like I was blaming someone for anything, I just expressed disappointment.

When i got around to reading the questions you sent, I was already informed that it was out for offer;

I'm sorry that it might not occur to you that over holidays, people maybe have other things to do than spend much time online.

The sound difference in the different kinds of chips is drastic, and I think I made it very clear that there are different chips in this box.

The 6581 just is way more agressive and "distortive" than the 6582/8580 models; I guess you only tried to send to MIDI channel 1, right?

Anyway, I did not try to blame anyone for anything or "give names"; I was merely upset about the fact that it obviously didn't take you much time

to contradict the impression you gave about wanting to have the box, and the fact that the tag on it was increased a lot

(which is not to be taken that lightly). I did not guess about reasons or say you wanted quick money.

So, please, do not blame me for stating my disappointment; that is certainly your right.

With the things you said about the box, that's teh first time I hear about that; could you be more specific?

I did the best to my knowledge to package it in a way that would prevent it from being harmed, so if there is anything that happened along the way,

I would have liked to know that. The fact you didn't write about that, but only asked sound questions, suggests to me that this was not as serious as

you present it here; and frankly said, we all know how rough the post people treat packages, which is why I stuffed it as good as possible before sending it off.