MIDIbox 64 "babystep" tutorial?

Makrophag

Hi!

I stumbled over the MIDIbox in search for specialized MIDI Controllers and got rather excited. After reading a lot about it, I am not sure if I can do it. And the info I got till here is quite confusing to me, as I never did something more than making a single LED light with a 9V battery.... So I was glad to find a tutorial on the MIDIbox64 wich would be sufficend for my project by Tor Arne Vestbø (I'd like to thank him here). But for me this looks a little rough and I am missing steps with detailes pictures there, also I really appreciate that someone even considered to write something like this!

Is there a walkthrough for real dummies like me? I bet most of you now think, I should stop here and give in with this big lack of knowledge. But I still cannot really say, If this is something I can do, because I have no detailed Idea about what to do. Some basic soldering should be possible, with the help of my brother who has (at least some) experience.

The http://www.ucapps.de/ website is not really helping on this, and the WIKI also just covers some of my concerns...

Sorry, if I am not writing so fluid, I am from Germany. Greetings from here ;-)

Edited by Makrophag

You won't find many tutorials on any given project ... you'll find photos, blogs and articles but so far there are very few "zero-to-midibox" guides. It's not really all that complicated though.

Part of the problem is that no two midiboxes are ever exactly alike. Everybody's design is their own. Even now, you probably are envisioning something a little different to suit your own needs.

So read up on what you can, and ask here about what specifically isn't clear to you. Make good use of the forum search and the wiki search. Generally the most authoritative information is on ucapps.de, the site of Thorsten Klose. He created the platform, and is the mastermind behind most of the projects.

BTW one of the best general MIDIbox guides is on the Wiki ... look at http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=introduction_to_ucapps.de

... oh, and welcome!

If you're looking for a "step-by-step" tutorial, you kinda wrong here.

If your willing to read, learn, design and experiment, your're most welcome to dig through all the stuff thats on ucapps, the Wiki and the Forum.

The MB64 is a one-off for everyone, so think about what YOU will need, what you favorite controls layout is etc.

It's not voodoo magick, but it's not an afternoon walk either.

Here's some stuff i started to write about my MB64, could help ya:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=stuartm_stukontrol