Technobreath's Poll

technobreath

You decide!  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should technobreath be a man and loose the 30 kg of extra weight he doesn't need?

Since it seems that I can't decide myself, I could need some help from you guys.

You decide! :)

are you going to write a walkthrough? i could use it, you're not the only one grin.png

Is the boat big enough for me too? ;-) Any tips for weight-loss that don't involve not eating nice things?

Edited by toadstool

Is the boat big enough for me too? ;-) Any tips for weight-loss that doesn't involve not eating nice things?

Martial arts, preferably MMA (mixed martial arts) plus walking 30-60 mins per day or running occasionally is a good start. Then cut all the sugar you don't need. :thumbsup:

The recipe is veery simple.

You eat less than you burn off. And the challenge is in finding a good way of doing that...

I have a plan for how to do it myself, but there is no kg loss without sacrificing something :)

So I eat way too much snacks wich I don't need, and I also eat dinner all day, so all that need to stop, but all in time. No shock therapy. I've tried that before with only temporary luck :).

I've always wanted to try some martial arts training, and was invited by a friend, but didn't find the time to commit to it, so it never got anywhere. I also walk 40mins two times a week - wich is gonna be more often as I get in better shape ;)

The recipe is veery simple.

You eat less than you burn off. And the challenge is in finding a good way of doing that...

I have a plan for how to do it myself, but there is no kg loss without sacrificing something :)

So I eat way too much snacks wich I don't need, and I also eat dinner all day, so all that need to stop, but all in time. No shock therapy. I've tried that before with only temporary luck :).

I've always wanted to try some martial arts training, and was invited by a friend, but didn't find the time to commit to it, so it never got anywhere. I also walk 40mins two times a week - wich is gonna be more often as I get in better shape ;)

There you go. It's that simple in theory. In practice it's always easier to take it easy, snack when not supposed to and all that. Still, Martial arts works for me, YMMV. I think it strikes a good balance between strength, coordination, agility and fitness. Whatever you do, don't expect quick results and don't give up. Also, abandon all ideas of "I just need to get into shape before attempting to do X". That's just tosh! Go for it, you're never going to get into shape without doing some work :poke:

Or try swimming, biking or whatever tickles your fancy.

Tapeworms or a bad metabolism work very well!

Mmm, both tapeworms and amphetamine have been sold as over-the-counter diet pills in the past :frantics: I bet that the diet pills of the future won't be as exciting!

These guys are more mellow these days, but here's YMO's take on it all: Chill-out version of Sports Men by Haroumi Honono.

Edited by olga42

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I finally managed to step onto the scale for the first time in months :P hehe.

The official numbers 6 months ago is 128 kg

The official number yesterday is 121 kg

Improvement, wich I suspect is the results from the last two months only, but I have no proof for this since I haven't actually paid attention to the scale :)

What kind of pictures u want? :D Dirty or tender? :D

tbreath

• 11 months later...

Ahahaha, I'm doing necrobumping on threads lately :D.

It's been a while, and nothing special has happened since last. Still 120kg of dead weight. What is interesting is, that I finally got to feel the consequences :rolleyes: of the lifestyle I've been having. Now my back has been hurting each single day for the last two months. Luckily I have a job I need to be relatively active when doing :P.

SO this thing has kinda made me do something for real - I find out that I no longer have a choice - back aint gonna be better without weightloss and gymnastics :).

SOO I found a really nice program, wich cost the same as 4 mb6582 synths :P, wich I get for free through my work. My boss (a.k.a. my dad) were nice enough to send me on expensive program (wich goes on once a week for 6 months) during work hours with pay. And having a friggin BAD BACK WHEN I AM (ALMOST) 29 years old that is just plain stupid.. Nao, many have good reasons for having a bad back and bad health, but I did this myself, no doubt :shocked: So now I want out. therefore this program.

Maybe I'll be able to take up the kite again. Been two and a half years since I packed it down now. wow.

So, today is kinda a turning point for me. I really commit to doing this (for myself, and since you were kind enough to vote for it :P hehe). And I threw away the smokes too today. Now, I have been having somewhere between 10 and 15 each day, and have cought a bad cough a loooong time ago, so I should've done it ages ago. Now, I have quit before (for many years too) so I know exactly what I'm going to here, and last time was no real problem. I was so ready to quit that I just did it. Now I do the whole lifestyle change thing (weight thing with help from professional therapist and personal trainer :D mmm and she looks good too :D) because I want to midibox when I grow up too. It's not true what the steel dragon says - we don't all have to die young...

But seriously I hope it's not too late :) wish me luck, please! :thumbsup:

Congrats you crazy "Norrbagge"!

Good thing on ditching the smoking (except for the occasional Dutch, green and mild cig) and good on you to start an exercise regiment. I had to halt the MMA thing this last fall due to high blood pressure, but an occasional trip to the gym plus cutting down on sugar I don't need will take me some ways. You don't need to go the full LCHF way if you move around some :thumbsup:

No moar back ache (except for when I changed the winter-tyres to the normal low-profile summer tyres) plus a less stressful lifestyle also helps!

Keep fighting the good fight and stay off sugar!