Lelon capacitors

Flying Panther

While searching for parts on Mouser, I discovered that most of the Xicon capacitors I had ordered before are now replaced with Lelon capacitors. See Mouser's statement here: http://www.mouser.com/pdfdocs/LelonXiconcaps.pdf. The statement is dated January 2010, but I could not find any information commenting on this.

As both sizes and colors / lettering seems to be the same except for the Xicon / Lelon logo and specifications are identical, it looks like they are the same capacitors. Does anyone already have experience with the Lelon capacitors? In other words, can I just order the Lelon caps, or should I better look for other alternatives?

I got some Lelon caps, some Xicon last time I ordered. I've been using them interchangeably in circuits with very high demands on tolerances and temperature stability with no ill effects so far.

That's just my limited exposure. YMMV.

Edited by olga42

I had to change from Xicon to Lelon for my kits, I can't remember when, but probably 200 kits ago... They seem identical in size and colour, and I'm assuming performance - I'm pushing the limit using a 2200uF 16V electro instead of 25V and no reports of explosions or blue smoke death :wink:

• 2 months later...

I had to change from Xicon to Lelon for my kits, I can't remember when, but probably 200 kits ago... They seem identical in size and colour, and I'm assuming performance - I'm pushing the limit using a 2200uF 16V electro instead of 25V and no reports of explosions or blue smoke death :wink:

Hah! I blew mine up because I'm an idiot - and replaced it with a 25V Suntan brand from Jaycar when I picked up the recommended power supply :)

c-