sammichFM base PCB with control surface V1 firmware

grizz

I was wondering if anyone has updated the V1 1.4a firmware to work with a sammichFM base PCB and Tk's designed control surface? I built my base PCB, and when I tested sound with the V1 firmware I got quite the cacophony of noise... When I uploaded the sammichFM firmware it worked perfectly. Wilba mentioned that there might need to be changes, and I'm assuming it has to do with the different power requirements.

Anyways if someone has changed the firmware, would you mind sharing it with folks that are using the SammichFM base PCB with a control surface?

Or

TK: Are you planning on including said setup in future releases?

Cheers,

grizz

You need this enabled in the setup asm:

;; if 0: pin RB2 and RB3 not used for CAN bus
;; All MBHP_OPL3 data pins connected to J15
;; if 1: pin RB2 and RB3 are used for CAN bus
;; MBHP_OPL3 data pins #2 and #3 have to be connected to PIC pin RB1 and RB2
;; (available at J5:A6 and J5:A7)
;; Note: this option should only be enabled for PIC18F4685 (PIC18F452 doesn't contain a CAN)
#define ENABLE_MBNET 1
[/code]

sammichFM uses a PIC18F4685, so two pins of port B get reserved by default for CAN bus/MBNET, and two pins from port E get used instead.

So maybe this is your problem. Try using setup_pic184685_mbfm_v1.asm as a base and change to "#define ENABLE_MBNET 1"