Is it practical to make a bacterial OPL3?

Green Xenon1

Hi:

Has anyone read anything similar to http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/blog/2009/jul/24/bacteria-computer ??

That article talks about a computer chip that is made out of bacterial cells. Will be feasible in the next 5 to 10 years to make an OPL3 chip out of bacteria?

Bacteria are my favorite forms of life. OPL3 is my favorite MIDI synth. So I'm curious about the possibility of an OPL3 made of bacteria.

Thanks a bunch,

Green Xenon

:purple: there are 10 times more bacterial cells in and on your body than there are human cells in your body...... so...... are we any more than just highly sophisticated and coordinated bacterial colonies? :shocked: If anyone was going to make a synthesiser out of my bacteria, please make it a 16 voice polyphonic SID :smile:

Edited by toadstool

No, but thanks to stem cell research there are presently over 200 laboratory mice growing AY-3-8912 ICs on their backs. If successful, I see no reason why we couldn't apply the same technology to OPL3.

That article talks about a computer chip that is made out of bacterial cells. Will be feasible in the next 5 to 10 years to make an OPL3 chip out of bacteria?

No. Go away.