WTB: MB6582 Window

orange_hand

Well the current idea is to make the window out of two panels

Window SVG

The frontpanel is cut to size of the frontpanel. The back one is a bit bigger. So that you can use doublesided tape or glue to fit it. The two plates will be bonded together. This will make sanding it down a bit more difficult though.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, you're seeing it like that. My idea was that any adjustment sanding should be done on the front panel hole - but that's something we want to avoid if we can. Guess that we won't have any sloshing around if one uses a bit of superglue magic. Instead we get grime buildup galore in the small crack between the plexi and metal...

As Wilba said, it is possible to cut any transparent material (acrylics or glass) just roughly and glue it to the backside of the aluminum frontpanel.

I did exactly that using a slightly tinted anti-glare filter for a CRT. It looks great behind the black panel. Not as nice as a window with bevelled edges that sits flush with the panel, but it still looks tidy and professional.

I did exactly that using a slightly tinted anti-glare filter for a CRT. It looks great behind the black panel. Not as nice as a window with bevelled edges that sits flush with the panel, but it still looks tidy and professional.

Ofcourse, i actually have a piece of cd jewel case just cut up for that purpose. But then again, i put a lot of effort and money into this mb6582. I want to make it look at it best. And its only 8,50 euro.

Just to let you know, the company i am in contact with (http://www.frontplaten.net) agreed to make a free production sample for us. If that is to everybodies liking then i will start looking at some kind of bulk order.

Great idea!

Richard is a nice guy, he made my acryl MB808 frontpanel, I can recommend his service! :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It should be possible. However if he doesn't have that particular color on stock, he will have to order a new plate. This will of course have an effect on the price.

window.jpg

Richard is having some trouble getting the glue-ing of both part right. This is fairly obvious if you look at the pictures. The most right one looks somewhat better. However that is a 2,5mm piece inside a 1.5mm piece.