Looking for potentiometers like on dj mixer eq knobs

hydre

hello all,

I was wondering where I can get potentiometers that "stop" in the middle. What I mean is like on dj mixer eq knobs, when you are on the middle position, there is a something that stops it so you can turn the pot quickly and you feel where the middle is.

Anybody know the name of this type of pot and where I can get it? I might need it for a traktor mixer controller.

Thanks, I hope that was clear enought

Hiya!

What you want is potentiometers with mid-point detent. Take a peek in the relevant pages at Digi-Key or Mouser. Search for potentiometer, then refine to say 9mm PCB-mounted, and load the relevant page that's suggested when looking at one of them. Now have fun matching the article numbers with actual inventory :sorcerer:

Capisce? If not I'll give you an example later.

Cheers!

Edited by jojjelito

Take some time and narrow down what you want in terms of mounting, resistance and type of shaft. I've used various depending on which type of project, enclosure etc.

I don't know which method of mounting you would prefer, but going by the datasheet I wanted something vertical with bushing or sleeve so EVJ-Y96 and -Y91 was searched for. Produit non stocké - merde!

Digi-key is easier - Search for EVU-F3L for single pots (cheat by looking at the datasheet!) and you'll get to select between Lin (control, balance) and Log (audio). Aha, not fun, you can get 5k, 20k, 50k so if you absolutely must have 10k you are SOL with Panasonic.

What next - try Alpha (or TaiwanAlpha), Alps or Bourns. Go to pots and start narrowing things down - 10K, single turn, 6mm axle (actuator dia) and top adj. Select in stock. Now you're down to some 16 choices. Compare type against datasheets - oh the fun!

Go with EVU-F3M and never look back. Or something. Double: EVJY-81, 91 or 96. Pick for instance the nice metal bushing EVJ-Y91F03B14 and never look back.

You want another shaft (knurled or some non-metric dia)? Change the search params, rinse and repeat.

Mouser: Do the keyword Alps and narrow it down. You'll end up looking (a lot!) at the datasheet for the RK09 and RK12L series. Same with Alpha: RV141F (with clear shaft for some LED fun) or... Now you know why people get minor headaches when sourcing components!

Take a peek here: Mouser catalog page for Alpha or here for some Bourns love.

Sorry if this sounds complicated, there are lots of choices out there for sure. And you have to iterate your search.

Good luck!

Edited by jojjelito