Midibox 64E Help

spiltmidi

Hi Guys,

I had a search around and had trouble finding an answeer to a question that has puzzled me for a while.

I am currently in the middle of converting a Denon DN-X1500 from an audio mixer into a full MIDIBOX Traktor controller.

I have done most of the work but am stuck in knowing how a rotary switch would work with this.

I am wanting to have a 4 pos switch that will allow me to select between the 4 decks in tracktor pro. Say pos 1 is deck 1 active, pos 2 is deck 2 and so on.

Now, having a DIN and AIN board, I was thinking of putting it on the DIN and having the 4 pos going to the seperate connections on the DIN. BUT this is where my head hurts a little...

Does it matter if the connection on the DIN is left closed on the rotary switch? So and normal switch is contact then off, but the rotary will be left connected. Will this effect the midi selection in Traktor?

Again, sorry if this has been answered, I was unable to find a post that related.

Cheers in advance.

Does it matter if the connection on the DIN is left closed on the rotary switch? So and normal switch is contact then off, but the rotary will be left connected. Will this effect the midi selection in Traktor?

No, this is no problem but you have to configure this in the software.

It's no big deal to do it but somebody more into programming can explain you better than me... or search the forum, I remember some posts explaining this.

Greets, Roger