AOUT_NG with MB64

Alain6870

I would like to use a MIDIBOX64 to drive 50 parameters of an analog synth (VCF Fre, reso, VCA, LFO, etc...) and I only have an AOUT_NG Board to generate the analog voltages. As I checked the source file of the MB64 program, I saw that it only supports an AOUT board with 2 MAX525 daisychained to the core. What can I change in the prog of the MB64 to be able to adress an AOUT_NG board?

PS: I want to use the MB64 facilities such as patch storing, handling AMUX to have up to 64 different CVs and this is the reason why I want to use MB64 instead of MBCV program.

Has someone already done this? or is there an other way to get what I need?

Thank you for your kind help,

The MIOS svn contains several different aout include files. Not sure if you can use that aout.inc with enabled aout_tlv5630.inc. But you could give it a go and see if it compiles.

Thank you for the advice!!

By actually comparing both source code of the MB64 and MBCV application I could see that the Aout.inc was implemented differently in the MBCV program. With some code adjustment I managed to include the Aout "module" that can handle the 3 types of Aout Hardware in the MB64 program and I don't use the original Aout.inc module anymore. the new MB64 program compiles with no error but I haven't checked the hex file in my PIC. I'll report later on that.

What I have to look at also is if the Amux.inc file uses the same variable than those sent by the generic Aout file of the new module. (I saw some different variables in the App-define of both codes that makes me believe it won't work as quickly...) Does someboy know if this statement is right??

Anyway, a lot to do to finish my interface:

- building an Aout_NG board,

- building a new SHx8 board interface with CMOS switches and analog S&H cells,

Kind Regards,