CORE32 not playing nice with MIOS studio

yogi

Hi, Just finished building my SmashTV Core32 brd and having a problem checking it out. I'm running XP sp3 on an HP laptop, MIOS Studio 2.2.1; the core shows up in control panel, both with and without j27 shunt, (USB audio device: location 0, MIOS32 Bootloader) but MIOS Studio doesn't detect it.

I've tried disabling the on board SoundMax HD midi interface, but no change. Am I missing a step here, do I need MidiOx or something like it? Do I need to disable all other midi devices under 'Sound and Audio Devices'? Have not installed any DAW, only have the minimal Windows and sound card midi drivers.

Thanks, Yogi

• 4 weeks later...

MIDI IN and MIDI OUT changed to MIOS32? or USB-Audiodevice ("german - USB - Audiogerät")?

After finished build (same like the build description on ucapps), and plug in had a plug-in Windows Message like "MIOS32 Bootloader" detected and installed on my Task.

NEWSFLASH: I installed MacOS Lion today, and noticed exactly the same problem at my side with the STM32, but also with the new LPC17 module!

Funny, no? ;)

MacOS reports that it tried to enumerate a CDC device (virtual COM port) - I remember that I fixed the descriptors so that the module is able to support USB-MIDI and CDC... let me check if it works better with a USB MIDI only descriptor.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

With a bit of luck it will work on your WinXP PC with MIOS32 Bootloader V1.4:

But I fear that it won't help, as the WinXP issue on HP computers also happened with other generic USB MIDI interfaces in the past.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 5 months later...

Unfortunately this seems to be a common issue with HP computers and WinXP.

See also

and

The last article contains a solution (install an alternative MIDI driver)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

TK,

Had the same problem with lpc17, but found that powering up the core first, then opening mios studio works.

TK -PLEASE take a look at my post in the Trouble shooting thread. Still having trouble getting mios studio to load midio128 ver. 3. Get an error message everytime.