MBHP_CORE_LPC17 PCB bulk order

TK.

I'm planning a PCB batch order for the new MBHP_CORE_LPC17 module:

mbhp_core_lpc17_v1.jpg

Project page: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_core_lpc17.html

The first prototype is working perfectly, so that the PCB layout can be used

without changes. Only some labels have to be overworked to improve the overall

impression. :)

Due to the superior specs it will replace the MBHP_CORE_STM32 completely.

SmashTV is planning to sell the remaining "Core32" boards to MBSEQ V4 users, since the STM32

performance is sufficient for this project (I will still use the STM32 for my own MBSEQ V4

as well). To future MBSEQ V4 users: please support him to sell the last boards, otherwise

the big help that he gave us to provide MBHP_CORE_STM32 as a DIY friendly solution will

result into a financial loss!

We count on your help!

For users who don't plan to build a MBSEQ V4, the new MBHP_CORE_LPC17 module is the

first choice of course! :)

This module finally gives us a solution which doesn't require SMD soldering anymore.

Instead we use a prebuilt LPCXPRESSO LPC1769 and mount it on the PCB which only contains

easy to solder DIP components.

Accordingly I see this as a perfect solution for the MIDIbox projects, as users don't

rely on PCBs and/or SMD presoldering anymore. The MBHP_CORE_LPC17 circuit can even

be built on a veroboard, or alternative PCB layouts could be created for special

purposes (e.g. with reduced but sufficient feature set, or with integrated control surface

components, etc..)

However, for those who are interested on the complete PCB: just join this order! :)

The estimated costs are 12.50 EUR 6.50 EUR due to the high quantity on this bulk order - thanks to everybody who attended! :)

In addition a LPCXPRESSO LPC1769 is required which is available for ca. 30 EUR at

Embedded Artists in Sweden, or 24 EUR at Watterot in Germany. There are resellers

in other countries as well (e.g. Mouser: US $34)

Costs for additional components: ca. 14 EUR

Except for the MagJack (Ethernet) these components are typically available

in local shops, but also (and especially) at Reichelt

See also http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_core_lpc17_orderlist.txt

(the MagJack is available at www.csd-electronics.de)

So, the costs of a complete MBHP_CORE_LPC17 module is ca. 44 EUR

(for germans who order remaining parts at Watterot and Reichelt)

This batch order will only include a PCB + an optional MagJack, since it's a special part!

When will it happen: in ca. 1..2 weeks, depending on the amount of requested boards.

SmashTV is planning to provide complete kits later.

Especially for europeans there will be additional batch orders for PCBs and MagJack

handled by myself in future if enough people are interested.

Future projects which will use the MBHP_CORE_LPC17 module:

• MIDIbox SEQ V4 has been ported to LPC17 and works stable. Due to the reasons described
    above, I ask future users to buy the remaining MBHP_CORE_STM32 modules from SmashTV first.
    Keep it fair! :)
    Only if you want to use the Ethernet option, a MBHP_CORE_LPC17 is the better choice.

• new synths will grow up. First experiments done by Nils (nI2S synth) and myself (speech
    synth) showing awesome results. MBSID V3 has been started as well (but won't be released
    before Q1 of next year)

• A simple but helpful USB MIDI / 2xMIDI IO / OSC bridge, e.g. to access a common
    MIDI synth from an iPhone/iPad application which sends or receives OSC messages
    without the usage of a PC.
    On-board IOs will be controllable via MIDI and OSC as well, e.g. if you want to control
    your coffee machine from an iPhone ;)

• MIDIO128 V3 is some kind of "low hanging fruit" and could be released very quickly.
    New features are for example: USB MIDI, two MIDI IOs, OSC receive and transmit, and
    a MIDI file player and recorder, e.g. to MIDIfy an organ and to start playbacks without the need for a PC

• MIDIbox CV V2 is a "low hanging fruit" as well.
    It will support all features of MBCV V1 + more CV channels (your choice how many are required),
    more triggers, gates and/or clocks (up to 128 with configurable characteristic and dividers),
    USB MIDI for best performance, 2 common MIDI IO ports, OSC

• MIDIbox NG V2: basically a superset of MIDIbox64, MIDIbox64E, MIDIbox MF, MIDIbox LC and MIDIO128
    USB MIDI, 2xMIDI IO, OSC
    Configuration via text files stored on SD Card.
    Inclusive Sending and Receive NRPN and SysEx messages without programming

And last but not least: since MIOS32 provides an open programming platform which supports

C and C++ with already available low level drivers which abstract the hardware, it

should be *much* easier for programmers to develop their own applications and share them

to the community than with the limited (and ca. 10 years old) MBHP_CORE_PIC module. :)

See also http://www.ucapps.de/mios32_c.html

We are not speaking about the future, the future is now! ;)

Finally the link to the Wiki page where you can add your name if you are interested:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=tk_mbhp_core_lpc17_bulk_order

Shipping costs:

- 2.00 EUR inside germany

- 4.00 EUR outside germany

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently I do not need to hurry building mine then. Maybe, just maybe you do wanna wait until at least one or two of the prototypers have built there's an possibly come up with something? Just a thought.

is it better to wait for the european bulk order in order to save shipping costs?

This is a european bulk order! :)

Shipping costs:

- 2.00 EUR inside Germany

- 4.00 EUR to other european countries

- 6.00 EUR to countries outside europe

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Is that preorder just for the PCB and the MagJack or are the other components also included?

Only PCB and MagJack

PS: The parts-link to the Reichelt page does not work.

Yes, because it doesn't exist.

There is an ASCII list and a link to Reichelt mainpage, because nobody created a part list at Reichelt yet...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

if you're registered with them & logged in, and have all items in your basket, go to the myReichelt section and click "Warenkorb speichern". then you can choose a name to save and check on the right side "öffentlich".

i haven't done it publicly yet, but according to the page you should receive a link you can share then.

TK, do you plan to put Eagle files for this board up on uCapps?

Of course, once the final layout has been successfully tested.

Note that the layout has been made with Altium instead of Eagle (Sebastian's choice...).

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I would like to take also one Board inkl MagJack. But i have no user-ccount on the Wiki. So perhaps any otherone could edit the Bulk Order Page for me. Thanks.

Just go to the Wiki and register, use the link on the login page (login button at bottom right of page).

[*]MIDIbox NG V2: basically a superset of MIDIbox64, MIDIbox64E, MIDIbox MF, MIDIbox LC and MIDIO128

USB MIDI, 2xMIDI IO, OSC

Configuration via text files stored on SD Card.

Inclusive Sending and Receive NRPN and SysEx messages without programming

Is it possible already now to upload MIDIbox64E on the LPC17? And if so can I make encoders sending NRPNs or Pitchbend 14bit values without programming?

Since days I´m trying to run MIDIbox64E on a Core8 and having the encoders send the above messages, without luck so far...

Thanks, Emre

Is it possible already now to upload MIDIbox64E on the LPC17? And if so can I make encoders sending NRPNs or Pitchbend 14bit values without programming?

No, the configuration mechanism hasn't been implemented yet.

Since days I´m trying to run MIDIbox64E on a Core8 and having the encoders send the above messages, without luck so far...

The solution will be simple to use and even won't require a SysEx editor.

Just store/edit the configuration file(s) on a SD Card -> done :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Just go to the Wiki and register, use the link on the login page (login button at bottom right of page).

I tried that yesterday, but didn't get the activation mail. So now i can not log in and also can't use the lost passwort feature...