MBHP_CORE_LPC17 PCB bulk order

TK.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect the old Norse customs! Up north we have to be neutral.

The festivus pole is unadorned, but the raven of the gods (Blingirhrafn) may visit you. If you've been good it will bring you good fortune and lots of bling-bling. The French renamed it post-revolution to "le bling" in most of Europe.

May 2012 bring us all prizes, fun and the lighting of the OLED (provided Newhaven smiles upon us).

Kick-boxing day yesterday was particularly brutal: Only pregnant ppl, disabled, the elderly and children under 5 are off limits. The rest are fair game for a good take-down. Today is a day of much hurt :hmm:

Our customs may seem weird, but they're not the arch nemesis of Smash.

Be nice, or no toys for you!

/Johan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I still haven't seen anything from an earlier bulk on which I ordered something.

(MB-SEQ V3/V4 PCB Bulk Order)

No offence but still : If all takes so long (more then 1/2 year)... I don't know what else to do then making a single (private) order.

Joris

Edited by Joris

Hi,

I still haven't seen anything from an earlier bulk on which I ordered something.

(MB-SEQ V3/V4 PCB Bulk Order)

No offence but still : If all takes so long (more then 1/2 year)... I don't know what else to do then making a single (private) order.

Joris

Hi Joris, Please take a look at the wiki page for the seq if you have not recently, I added some info to clarify things a few months ago.

Also a more appropriate thread for your statement would be that has the whole history of the order, from start to stagnation to now.

Best regards

Tim

Hi MIDIbox Guru,

I don't see a reason why this isn't appropriate to write it here, having little time to spend exploring the forum finding the reason 'why does it takes so long'. Sorry. Here I saw a new bulk order is started while I don't have anything I orderded so long ago.

I orderded, one piece of everything that is stated in the list. Yet to me it isn't very clear what all that will be or become with all the changes, neither what all cost. I hope to understand everything that is written there, but can't see what it is or will be. Like now, what about the espresso board used for the new core-pcb, is that the case in this order ? So... I have to rely and trust on you people.

Finally I hope with what I orderded to be able to build a complete MB-SEQ V3/V4 if possible with the frontpanel included like shown on the link you post here.

Greatings,

Joris

Edited by Joris

Here I saw a new bulk order is started while I don't have anything I orderded so long ago.

Since this statement could be easily misunderstood to sound like you paid for something you did not receive, I need to be very clear:

You do not have an order pending with me, and I don't do upfront/pay then wait/etc..... never have never will.

Please choose your words carefully and try not to give the impression that I took your money or that you were promised something in a specific time frame.

To the guys waiting patiently on the SEQ list: They are shipping as fast as I can crank them out, I currently have just under $10,000usd tied up in SEQ parts alone...... do not interpret the lack of a twitter feed/daily updates about it as inaction. ;)

Best regards

Tim

Tim,

thanks for all your hard work and exceptionally quick shipping!

For example, I am not aware of any overseas shop, that has set up a "low value" order page.

Your services can easily compete with the big shops, please keep it up exactly as it is! There will always be unsatisfied people, everywhere.

Many greetings!

Peter

Since this statement could be easily misunderstood to sound like you paid for something you did not receive, I need to be very clear:

You do not have an order pending with me, and I don't do upfront/pay then wait/etc..... never have never will.

Please choose your words carefully and try not to give the impression that I took your money or that you were promised something in a specific time frame.

I really try to choose my words carefully, especially as it isn't my mother language. But you don't seem to read them carefully :

I haven't said I paid already, I even wrote that I don't know the cost yet, so.

Is it that difficult to understand that when you order something, people expect to get something (at least an answer) before a next order by the same person is started.

That's all I try to explain, further a few questions if everything would still be bussy or has been changed (partly unanswered questions).

To me it is quit inappropriate that other people do have to join for an 'attack', if there is a little question for clarification.

Is it that difficult to understand that when you order something, people expect to get something (at least an answer) before a next order by the same person is started.

The thing you did not understand is that you did not order anything, you just put your name on a waiting list. No need to be rude.

The thing you did not understand is that you did not order anything, you just put your name on a waiting list. No need to be rude.

Maybe yes, but that 'waiting list' has a title : 'MB-SEQ V3/V4 PCB Bulk Order'.

I subscribed there months ago, now asking if that ment something, is that I rude ?

What else is the meaning then of all these bulk order pages ?

Simple answers could have been given already : when ? what will it be, look like ? what will(probably) be the cost ?

Did any of you do that now ?

I subscribed there months ago, now asking if that ment something, is that I rude ?

Simple answers could have been given already : when ? what will it be, look like ? what will(probably) be the cost ?

Joris, the MBHP_CORE_LPC17 is a PCB. So no soldering required. You need to buy the Expresso part yourself. The old core32 however does need heavy soldering. Tim tries todo this as fast as he can. But he has a day job as well. So it is all spare time he is investing here.

Hence the comments about you being rude. Tim is putting in a lot of effort, and i am pretty sure there is no big profit to be made. So the word of the day is patience.

@Shuriken, maybe your words do enlighten something. Thx.

I'm indeed newbie on this forum ... (as I have not many reasons to be here often. I still need a start like building the MB-SEQ V3/V4).

I possibly thought wrong :

1) I thought smashtv is an electronic-shop like there are many.

2) I thought Tim has connections in some way with that electronic-shop smashtv.

3) I thought smashtv has many kits, like shown on there website, possible to be orderded.

4) I thought Tim just needs to group and pass the 'MB-SEQ V3/V4 PCB Bulk Order' to smashtv which would collect all PCB's and parts for him.

5) I think (thought) all soldering needs to be done by myself, except the smd on the older core-boards (now probably replaced by the Expresso-board).

6) I thought Tim's job is to create all seperate collection for each person on that order-list.

It seems there is no seperate electronic-shop, smashtv is Tim's electronic-shop, his free time work, isn't it ?

Wow, if that's true, things change. Yeah they change quit a bit.

Still my question isn't incorrect I find, but it places some things in a different perspective.

More respect and indeed patience, but most of all : Tim can/may anyone help you with whatever ?

You were rude in your initial posts and you are still being rude.

The page title says: 'MB-SEQ V3/V4 PCB Bulk Order'

But if you scroll down a bit it also says:

The board price is $30, and the parts kit price is $110. It is no problem to add a Core board or kit to the same shipment, but be aware that due to the size/shape of the board what I can fit in the box is limited.

In order to work through the waiting list faster, when it is your turn I will generate a custom order page to handle the specifics of your order, and it will expire 7 days after I send you an email and forum private message. If the time is not right for you to buy right now no worries, after I finish taking care of the list and take a short break I will make the boards available to everyone at my store.

Since my offer is a bit different than the original bulk order I will add “New Format†to the list below to reflect change in available options, but I will leave the rest of the list and this page intact.

Thanks for your patience!

SmashTV

The simple answers your questions are in the wiki/forum/ucapps/internet

when ?

"... when it is your turn I will generate a custom order page to handle the specifics of your order..."

what will it be, look like ?

This is what it will be www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq.html

How it looks like will depend on you. Whatever frontpanel/case you decide to buy, that's how it will look.

what will(probably) be the cost ?

"The board price is $30, and the parts kit price is $110."

Prices for all other parts required to get a full working MB-SEQ are well documented in the uCapps website.

I think that after all the replies you already have figured that you didn't ordered anything. You have just put yourself in a waiting list of people interested in buying a pcb/kit, when it is available.

There are a lot of people in this forum willing to help you build a MB-SEQ but don't expect them to do the work for you with that kind of attitude.

Edited by afx

I possibly thought wrong :

1) I thought smashtv is an electronic-shop like there are many.

Nope, he is the only one who has profesionally made pcb for midibox projects.

2) I thought Tim has connections in some way with that electronic-shop smashtv.

Tim=smashtv

3) I thought smashtv has many kits, like shown on there website, possible to be orderded.

He has a lot of pcb most of them ready to ship, but you are signed up for a kit and with hard smd soldering todo, it's not that easy.

4) I thought Tim just needs to group and pass the 'MB-SEQ V3/V4 PCB Bulk Order' to smashtv which would collect all PCB's and parts for him.

Look at 2.

5) I think (thought) all soldering needs to be done by myself, except the smd on the older core-boards (now probably replaced by the Expresso-board).

Collecting and sorting all the parts needed for a kit is not an easy task. It is a lot of work.

6) I thought Tim's job is to create all seperate collection for each person on that order-list.

Job is a big word. He invests a lot of time in the Midibox community. A big part of his time is involved in the smashtv shop. As i said to collect the parts and soldering the board is not a simple task. It is time consuming.

Edited by Shuriken

@Shuriken, thanks for that.

@afx if you look to the MB-SEQ V3/V4 orderlist there is stated : PCB's and NOT a single PCB. If you look to the MB-SEQ V3/V4 building pictures itself you can see there are at least 8 PCB's : a Left and Right 2x40 LCD (on a board also with/for encoders), 4 x IIC MIDI board, 1 CORE and (now probably) 1 Espresso board. Then as far as I understand there is still another one, I suppose this is ment the frontpanel, as a Core board should at least be included and is already priced on smashtv (the only one you define) :

The board price is $30, and the parts kit price is $110.

It is no problem to add a Core board or kit to the same shipment, but be aware that due to the size/shape of the board what I can fit in the box is limited.

If you afx get all that so clear, well maybe you can clarify the difference between this one board MB-SEQ V3/V4 and the one in the pdf (made by T. Klose 2009-09-08).

I probably pressed someone (Tim) which I thougth was a group of people working together. As I can see now, Tim has job enough and so my excuses to him, but he should have get help. Even if it was just for creating a better waiting/order list or whatever.

If I never would have respected the guy how build MB-SEQ V3/V4, I would never have looked to his work and not knowing it is more then one PCB.

That should clarify my confusion partly, at least too people how wont read all this.

(All others having the same questions, can now also start to say 'I was rude'.)

Tim if you have all this explained, spread over the forum, sorry that I didn't find all answers. I.m.o. with some help all that should have been collected on one page clear enough to reduce all questions, even for newbie people how don't explore what you make.

Bye.

here:

this is where you can find all the answers to your questions.

why there were 2 boards, and now only one, what else is needed. the thread provides the link to Wilba's wiki page also.

as i said, we won't be able to read it for you.

if you like to build it yourself, then you'll need to read the matrial yourself, like everyone else.

so diy

and btw, if you like to see all info about the topic collected in one place, i'm sure nobody will find it rude if you create that thread and put everything there

:thumbsup:

...and btw, if you like to see all info about the topic collected in one place, i'm sure nobody will find it rude if you create that thread and put everything there

:thumbsup:

If still wonted, post me the complete and final info with (all) kits, seperated board-pictures and I'll put it all together, clear on one html and send it back to Tim one of these days.

(A link to 26 pages with a lot of forum-rubbish, sorry, but I don't have time for that.)

Bey.

Joris, you're so lazy!

I've made my SEQv4 without any questions at forums and with only one factory PCB (LPC Xpresso)

This forum has comprehensive information about it.

The main thing is your desire and respect to community members :ahappy:

Edited by Schrabikus

If still wonted, post me the complete and final info with (all) kits, seperated board-pictures and I'll put it all together, clear on one html and send it back to Tim one of these days.

(A link to 26 pages with a lot of forum-rubbish, sorry, but I don't have time for that.)

Bey.

Your reply just makes me sad. :no:

If you want everything handed to you, go buy a ready made product. We put effort in explaining stuff to you. And you can't be asked to read a simple forum topic? Maybe you should take your name of the list. 'Cause i am pretty sure that when building a Seq you will need to do a lot more reading of wiki, forum and frontpage.

@afx if you look to the MB-SEQ V3/V4 orderlist there is stated : PCB's and NOT a single PCB. If you look to the MB-SEQ V3/V4 building pictures itself you can see there are at least 8 PCB's : a Left and Right 2x40 LCD (on a board also with/for encoders), 4 x IIC MIDI board, 1 CORE and (now probably) 1 Espresso board. Then as far as I understand there is still another one, I suppose this is ment the frontpanel, as a Core board should at least be included and is already priced on smashtv (the only one you define) :

Again, you are not reading, I suspect that you failed basic school or you make yourself look like an ignorant when it is convenient.

I'm working on a control surface PCB for MB-SEQ V3/V4.

For now, info on this can be found in this thread: topic,11802.0.html

If you want to buy this PCB and optionally the parts to go with it, see this bulk order page: wilba_mb_seq_pcb_bulk_order

wilba_mb_seq_parts_guide

wilba_mb_seq_construction_guide

PCB's because if you order 2 sets you get 2 PCB's. I doesn't say anywhere that the pcb's are different. It doesn't says anywhere that you will be getting more than 1 pcb.

You decide to take the "PCB's" as an argument to improve your trolling chance of success.

If you afx get all that so clear, well maybe you can clarify the difference between this one board MB-SEQ V3/V4 and the one in the pdf (made by T. Klose 2009-09-08).

I probably pressed someone (Tim) which I thougth was a group of people working together. As I can see now, Tim has job enough and so my excuses to him, but he should have get help. Even if it was just for creating a better waiting/order list or whatever.

If I never would have respected the guy how build MB-SEQ V3/V4, I would never have looked to his work and not knowing it is more then one PCB.

That should clarify my confusion partly, at least too people how wont read all this.

(All others having the same questions, can now also start to say 'I was rude'.)

Tim if you have all this explained, spread over the forum, sorry that I didn't find all answers. I.m.o. with some help all that should have been collected on one page clear enough to reduce all questions, even for newbie people how don't explore what you make.

All others know how to read. That's why there isn't a single page where all this is explained.

Wait, there is:

wilba_mb_seq_parts_guide

wilba_mb_seq_construction_guide

Again, you can't wait for someone to do the work for you. Especially with your trolling style since you fail as much as a troll as you do as a reader.

Edited by afx

Maybe you should take your name of the list.
That is not a bad idea.... or I can do it.

After all it does not seem right for me to sell someone a kit they do not understand (and can't be bothered to learn about).

I tend to avoid people with thoughts of entitlement to other people's time, so I'll simply quote an old friend who has been once around the ride already with Joris:

Tim