Native Instruments Kore Controller

sebiiksbcs

I wanna ask in our Midibox forum cause our forum is dope.

Lately my Kore 1 Controller's encoders started behaving oddly, and I am thinking about replacing them myself since NI's technical support does not reply my queries, maybe because the whole Kore think is being discontinued anyway.

Does anybody know what brand / type of encoders are used in Kore controllers? I opened mine and each encoder has 4 pins. I wonder if it is a special type of encoder since they are all touch sensitive (never liked this feature though)

I can post some pictures later.

I glued the broken shaft back on, works like new!

It actually looks like under the shafts there are analog trimmer-like potentiometers (also the text reading "B80K" on the encoders gives a hint). Maybe the firmware of the controller measures increase/decrease in resistance and ignores jumps from zero to full (and vice versa)?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
I glued the broken shaft back on, works like new!

It actually looks like under the shafts there are analog trimmer-like potentiometers (also the text reading "B80K" on the encoders gives a hint). Maybe the firmware of the controller measures increase/decrease in resistance and ignores jumps from zero to full (and vice versa)?

Hey i also have a "brooken" shaft on my Kore 1 Controller and was wandering if you opened the whole box itself to glue on the shaft or you didt it from the outside like i was thinkin to do...

Becouse i cant simply not figure out how to open op the box itself.

Baba