What happened to the gm5x5x5 bulk order??

adwsail

Anyone have a clue what happened here? I got on the list, responded when asked to confirm several weeks later and nothing since. I really am interested in this little circuit to control all my MIDI stuff. Any word on an update would be greatly appreciated.

They are available, but only in quantities of 250 pieces.

While the first 1250 GM5 chips were sold within one year, the last 250 pieces took another year.

Since I'm not interested to stock GM5 for so long time anymore, it's very unlikely that another bulk order will happen.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I'm sorry to hear about that nILS, and thank you to TK for handling the bulk order.

@mirmidi : Many of us added ourselves to a list of "happy fellas" as recommended by nILS when he closed the wiki page back in January:

I'm crossing my fingers that there will be enough of those juicy GM5s for all midiboxers ;)

They are available, but only in quantities of 250 pieces.

While the first 1250 GM5 chips were sold within one year, the last 250 pieces took another year.

Since I'm not interested to stock GM5 for so long time anymore, it's very unlikely that another bulk order will happen.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Ah yeah, that's a tough situation and I totally understand why you wouldn't want to keep money/space tied up. One would think this particular project would have interest to those outside of the Midibox community, but I'm not going to comment further since it's not my baby :)

• 3 weeks later...