MIDIbox SEQ V4Lite

TK.

The trick is that is not always purple, it bends the light. Sometimes it's gold, sometimes it has a mirror finish.

But, yes - there will be 'shrooms, Buddhas and such on there. For a moment I was tempted to go with Flaschbier and Werner so I guess it's open for now. Maybe I'll stick with Nyan. Or Cthulu.

Have a good one!

@ jojjelito: This ist how my housing looks. At the moment I'm not having the sequencer right next to me so I can not measure the thickness of the frontpanel PCB. (aprox. 1mm)

These dimensions fit.

/Edit TK: this diagram is obsolete, see next page (6) for updated picture with new spacer sizes (5mm + 2x18mm)

Link to original diagram (again: obsolete)

http://www.pixel-schmied.de/SEQ/dimensions.jpg

Edited by TK.

Hi mastomo,

just download the attached file, choose wich frontpanel you like (the one with engravings or the clear one) and place it + the backpanel on the Formulor/Ponoko-Template (download from Formulor.de/Ponoko.com) and you will have the same ....

And if you are familiar with Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw, there are no limits to your creativity.

template.zip

Edited by cd_reloaded

@ jojjelito: This ist how my housing looks. At the moment I'm having the sequencer right next to me so I can not measure the thickness of the frontpanel PCB. (aprox. 1mm)

These dimensions fit.

/Edit TK: this diagram is obsolete, see next page (6) for updated picture with new spacer sizes (5mm + 2x18mm)

Link to original diagram (again: obsolete)

http://www.pixel-schmied.de/SEQ/dimensions.jpg

Cool! Thanks! I need to slap a case with sides together. Otherwise, chances are that my cats will put their paws in there and do something nasty to the electronics. Otherwise it's a cool idea to do it your way :thumbsup:

Cheers,

J

@cd_reloaded,

i just download your template,

nomw i need to understand how it works with formulor.de

but i will, be sure :-)

i'll tell you when everythings OK (... or NOT ...)

your pictures are really great ! i love this !

@smashTV,

it sound like some good news !! cooooool

@ all: You need a vector based graphics program to work with the files I provided. This is not a ready-to-order-file. It is a cool basis to do what you want to do.

So, as mentioned before you need Adobe Illustrator, Corel-Draw or a similar programm. If anybody knows a really good working freeware tool to handle SVG-Files, please be so kind and let us know.

PS: I just found out that there is a suitable freeware program to handle these files. It is calles "Inkscape" and you can use it on a Windows-PC or on a Mac. Here is the link to Inkscape: http://inkscape.org/

I'm always in a lack of time so I'm not able to provide a file for a closed case wich is ready to use at the moment. As soon as I have a few minutes left I will do that.

What I have here is the original SVG File wich I took as the basis to built my acrylpanels. Maybe this is helpful for any one of you. This SVG file was exported from KiKad, wich is the layout software I used to make the board.

This SVG file is in 1:1 scale and the measures are 100% exact. You can download this file here:

MB_SEQ_V4L-brd.zip

Edited by cd_reloaded

Was thinking about hex cutouts (Shruthi case style), but haven't made up my mind. Somewhere on that forum there's a case thread which has a bewildering array of cool case design variants. Maybe the Sammich is also using hex cutouts, I don't have one so I haven't looked that closely. I need to fire up Inkscape and draw some shrooms so I'll see what flows out. I won't draw a case this week though :hmm: There's the tiny bit of the panel wiring and finishing the modular first.

Cheers,

Johan

While I'm waiting for my PCB's to show up in the mail I've constructed the MBHP_CORE_LPC17 module and I noticed various jumpers available. Which ones are needed for this project? and J26 on the PCB from SmashTV doesn't show up in the docs page. Thanks for a great looking project.

George

While I'm waiting for my PCB's to show up in the mail I've constructed the MBHP_CORE_LPC17 module and I noticed various jumpers available. Which ones are needed for this project? and J26 on the PCB from SmashTV doesn't show up in the docs page. Thanks for a great looking project.

George

mbhp_core_lpc17_10.jpg

Scroll on down a bit on the LPC page:

"Since the LPCXPRESSO module doesn't provide dedicated pins for the two Ethernet Socket LEDs, you have to solder them directly from the appr. on-board SMD LEDs to J26 of the core module with two wires"

Best regards

Tim

Tim,

must i solder this 2 leds ? on j26? or can i leave them away ?

what are P1 and P2 for ? do we have to do something with it ? calibrate something ?

Your PCB came yesterday and i soldered it now in 2 hrs :-) nice work thanks for it.

cit

Edited by cit

must i solder this 2 leds ? on j26? or can i leave them away ?

You don't need to solder these LEDs if you don't want to use the ethernet option.

what are P1 and P2 for ? do we have to do something with it ? calibrate something ?

these are the contrast/backlight pots for LCD displays.

You don't have LCDs connected (not supported by MBSEQ V4L anyhow), therefore you can ignore them.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Well, there is the open case as designed by our esteemed cd_reloaded. I just thought I would add sides to this case as I have cats around me which aren't good to exposed electronics. I intend to add some strange figures to engrave and make the case in a non-standard plexi since any variant is order-it-yourself. I'm taking a short break due to crummy, personal circumstances.

I will return to this subject, but not this week.

/J

Edited by jojjelito

i also had the idea to do some wood-side-cheeks.

a friend said he will make me a complete case . so i just need a frontpanel.

I hope that the pcb´s have the same printing than cd´s pcb´s so i we cab do a selfmade frontpanel ( Acryl)