Screw Hole Size for CrystalFontz LCDs?

m00dawg

Anyone know the screw-size of the mounting holes for most of the CrystalFontz LCDs? Both my 2x20 and 4x20 seem to have the same size. Looks to be an M2.5 (2.5mm diameter) but I don't have an M2.5 screws to verify. I was thinking about mounting the LCD to my front panel instead of a control board since I can make the actual control board for the buttons and things around the LCD smaller which could cut the cost of fabbing the board in half.

Hoping someone has attempted that before, hopefully with good results :)

Ah ok. I recall you had some great advice on using blind screw-holes for custom panels and control surfaces which is what this application is for. Unlike for the MB-6582, I'm wanting to attach the LCD to the front-panel instead of to a control board is my ultimate plan.

But if the 2-56's work then it should work either way. Was just curious if you had affixed an LCD to a panel before, sort of given our previous conversation (from months ago) in another thread.

Either way, thanks for the info!