Software to control MBFM

m00dawg

For some reason, jSynthLib isn't working very well on my Winders 7 machine. I can't download patch banks and opening the edit window of a patch ends up causing this weird redraw issue where I can't see most of the window to edit the parameters. I looked at the VSTi options pinned on the MBFM forum but a link is busted on one and the other requires a login. Both appear to be rather old. Actually jSynthLib hasn't been updated in a long time too.

So...curious about what people are doing these days to control patches on their MBFM? Or if anyone is having or had a similar issue that I am with jSynthLib on Windows 7?

For some reason, jSynthLib isn't working very well on my Winders 7 machine. I can't download patch banks and opening the edit window of a patch ends up causing this weird redraw issue where I can't see most of the window to edit the parameters. I looked at the VSTi options pinned on the MBFM forum but a link is busted on one and the other requires a login. Both appear to be rather old. Actually jSynthLib hasn't been updated in a long time too.

So...curious about what people are doing these days to control patches on their MBFM? Or if anyone is having or had a similar issue that I am with jSynthLib on Windows 7?

I think I still have the .dll for that MBFM VSTi control surface somewhere... You could also create an interface with Pure Data, that's what I was doing before. I don't seem to have the pd patch anymore though. Let me know if you're interested in the VSTis.

Hmm I'll have to look at Pure Data, that sounds pretty cool! Indeed if you are able to track down those DLLs, that'd be fantastic! No rush though - I was able to make some progress via the random patch generator. First time I used it and, while I didn't exactly find what I was looking for, I found some really cool stuff I ended up using for different purposes. I am not a believer, hah.

• 2 months later...