Newbie MIOS32 toolchain question

Lee

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to get my toolchain install sorted, but running up against a few snags. I'm not sure if all the wiki info is up to date, and not been able to find answers searching the forums so please go easy if the answers are out there! I've mainly been following the guide at http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=windows_mios32_toolchain_core&s

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and my target board is the LPC17.

1. MinGW errors - it seems it doesn't play nicely with Win7 64 bit and the postinstaller script dies with a memory allocation error. However MinGW does seem to work afterwards - should I be concerned?

2. Environment variables - the guide linked above says to configure this:

set MIOS32_GCC_PREFIX=arm-none-eabi

set MIOS32_FAMILY=STM32F10x

set MIOS32_PROCESSOR=STM32F103RE

set MIOS32_BOARD=MBHP_CORE_STM32

set MIOS32_LCD=universal

I'd just like to check that these are all appropriate if my target build is the LPC17? Or will it be ok with having the same core CPU? Is there anything that needs setting up as LPC17 in order for compiled in libraries to build the right target?

3. Downloading from WebSVN. I can't seem to download any of the content from the WebSVN - I just get 35 bytes of nothing downloading. Could someone explain whether this is normal and I'll have to install the full SVN client end?

I'm just trying to pull down some of the tutorials and supporting libraries in order to try compiling examples to test everything. I hope to get this done while i'm waiting for my hardware parts to arrive! (I've got the LPCExpresso and bootloaded it ok so far...)

Many thanks guys

Lee

Hi & welcome :)

regarding 1) if everything else works, don´t worry

2) you need to adjust for LPC17... these settings are for the old STM32 core... here are my environment variables for reference...

export MIOS32_FAMILY=LPC17xx

export MIOS32_PROCESSOR=LPC1768

export MIOS32_BOARD=LPCXPRESSO

Greets!

Peter

Thanks Peter!

After some guesswork I set the environment vars to:

MIOS32_BOARD=MBHP_CORE_LPC17

MIOS32_FAMILY=LPC17xx

MIOS32_GCC_PREFIX=arm-none-eabi

MIOS32_LCD=universal

MIOS32_PROCESSOR=LPC1769

.. and had a successful make (tried one of the tutorial apps). No errors! I'm not sure how critical the MIOS32_BOARD value is?

I now have to wait until my parts arrive before I can try a download, but I'm very excited.

Now off to post my other question in the apps forum!

Many thanks

Lee

• 6 months later...

Hi, I'm also doing a project on LPC1769.

I have installed the toolchain as described here : http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=windows_mios32_toolchain_core&s

But I still have errors when i try the make command in the 1st tutorial folder (001_forwarding_midi). Here is a screen :

makec.png

What I have done wrong ?

Maybe I have to type

"set MIOS32_PATH=/D/mios32/trunk

set MIOS32_BIN_PATH=/D/mios32/trunk/bin"

and

"MIOS32_BOARD=MBHP_CORE_LPC17

MIOS32_FAMILY=LPC17xx

MIOS32_GCC_PREFIX=arm-none-eabi

MIOS32_LCD=universal

MIOS32_PROCESSOR=LPC1769"

in a particular place ?

I have written it just after typing cmd in the command window, so the actual PATH was C:\Users\Cubess. Maybe the previous commands (set MIOS32, etc) don't have to be typed here ?

Sorry I'm also a Newbie.

Thx,

Cubess

I have changed some things, add ":" in the two first command C:/.../mios32/trunk and C:/..../mios32/trunk/bin.

Now i have this :

C:/Users/.../mios32/trunk/include/makefile/common.mk:126: *** multiple target patterns. Stop.

Restart everything to the begining and now i have this :

rm -f project.hex

Creating object file for app.c

make: arm-none-aebi-gcc: Command not found

make: *** [project_build/app.o] Error 127

=(

Edited by Cubess95

• 3 weeks later...