Sifam Knobs Bulk order #2

Altitude

Since the knobs pool of manufactures is rapidly drying up, I think its time for another bulk order from these guys. The process is long and convoluted but I was able to get get a bunch of knobs for the MB808 crowd way back. I actually have a hundred or so of those left if anyone is intersted (minus the caps)

Their prices are pretty decent but there is a minimum order size order for a lot of stuff.

This is their offering:

http://www.sifam.com/knobsSelector.asp?cat=Knobs_Push_On

For now, please just put in the qty and type of knob you are interested in and we will see what the consensus is so we can narrow it down to a couple types. The ones with the push on caps are the ones I got for the MB808s and the caps are available in several colors

Edited by Altitude

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I presently need about 100-150 pointer knobs for some analog drums I'm working on. I am also on the list for a Rev 3 MB-808 board, so I will need knobs for that.

I am not terribly fussy, but I always liked these ones, and I used them on my x0xb0x:

k_3_04_TPP110.gifk_3_04_TPP110.gifk_3_04_TPP110.gifk_3_04_TPP110.gif

Here's what I NEED:

6mm D-shaft (is that a "given"?)

slim

Here's what I like:

soft-touch

Here's a question:

Is it ever OK to interchange 6 mm and 1/4 inch d-shaft knobs? (1/4 inch is 6.35 mm)

Edited by nebula

I have knobs for the MB808 still so if you want to use the same ones as seen on mine and TKs, all you will need to get is the caps. Unless Doug changed it, those need to be south facing (not the standard north) but with the ones with the cap, you can do whatever you want pointer wise.

I do the 6mm D to 1/4" on my x0xb0xes. What I do is get a thin wall 1/4" OD brass tube and a 6mm reamer and make bushings to make up the difference. Works perfectly

Http://midiot.net/bushing.JPG

Thats great timing Altitude!

I do need some knobs for the next projects! Thinking about 200 pieces here and going with nebula's choice of knob. Have seen (and used) them on a DIY Synth at a friend, look and feel very nice, especially those little bumps on top!

As for the knob specs i dont have any requirements at this moment as i dont have any pots for these projects -> will buy the pots after the knob specs =)

But i'd like to have for some sections different knob pointer colors, maybe if enough requests are made would it be possible to order 3-4 colors?

Yeah, that should be fine. As long as they are "standard" stock parts (this usually means, green, red, white etc. Not "Sea foam green") they dont (or they didnt) have a problem doing odd pack sizes. My interest here is the 11mm diameter ones soft ones and maybe the ones with the caps as well, into small knobs these days

The timing is great on this Altitude. I have a mixer that I would like to re-knob. It's an old berhringer mx9000. About 405 knobs.

The problem is that this mixer uses knobs with a goofy orientation. If the knob pointer is at mid-point in rotation (12 o'clock), the flat of the pot is at 3 o'clock. I think this is known as a "west" orientation. I looked hi and low about 6 months ago and never found a suitable replacement and gave up.

I like the black knob with the color insert-able pointer shown above. I need a push on 6mm shaft, 11 to 13 mm base diameter (prefer 11 mm), 5 or 6 colors and the WEST orientation mentioned above. If you can make this work in your order and the price is right, you can put me down for 405 of them.

Thank a bunch,

gtxdude

So ... does this mean that if you get the black knob as you pictured on the left, there is no pointer on the knob itself ... meaning that the orientation is irrelevant, since the pointer is only on the cap? I'd probably get a bunch like that too, since I'm considering new knobs for my MS2000, and they'd work well on the MB-808 too.

So ... does this mean that if you get the black knob as you pictured on the left, there is no pointer on the knob itself ... meaning that the orientation is irrelevant, since the pointer is only on the cap? I'd probably get a bunch like that too, since I'm considering new knobs for my MS2000, and they'd work well on the MB-808 too.

Yup, thats how it works. You can also get solid ones for encoders.

MB808 is what I got them for the first time around for that exact reason:

mb808c.jpg

I'm interested in a full set of knobs for an MB-808 kit just like in your photo with the same colors, Altitude (plus some spares). I was just in the process of contacting Selco regarding minimum orders, etc., when I was directed to this thread. They're the DRK110 006 knobs, aren't they?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good Choice Schrabikus :)

For the encoders i'll go for 50 pieces with that one too!

For the Potsections i need color, as mentioned above these are nice 3/04/DRP110 006

So here's my wishlist:

100pcs 3/04/DRP110 006/26 BLK1004/WHT224

50pcs 3/04/DRP110 006/26 BLK1004/RED230

50pcs 3/04/DRP110 006/26 BLK1004/ORANGE231

50pcs 3/04/DRP110 006/26 BLK1004/YELLOW239

50pcs 3/04/DRP110 006/26 BLK1004/BLUE236

50pcs 3/04/DRP110 006/26 BLK1004/GREEN235

50pcs DRN110 006/26 BLK

400pcs Total

• 1 month later...