gm5x5x5 - failure ?

maniac

Hi,

I have used gm5x5x5 more then year without problems. Todey something changed:

- midi channel one 100% OK

- midi channel two is working, but sometimes I may notice timing problems

- midi channel three, four, five - not working (in fact sometimes it is possible to play one note, but on random channel and pitch)

I didn't do any hardware or software changes, just switched on computer and noticed the failure.

I'm using Windows7 64bit, all midi channels are visible in system.

Do You have any suggestions what to do ?

Regards,

Przemek

A strange thing, which I can not explain, but my midi interface works again ... almost OK.

I did not changed anything, but today it just turned on the computer and all midi inputs and outputs started to operate properly (yesterday I did a few reboots, which did not help).

This is good news.

The bad news is that there are still serious problems with timing on drum tracks.

I did a quick test and connected synthesizer to midi output of my Virus instead of gm5 output and there was no timing problem. So this problem must be connected with gm5 hardware, drivers, windows OS or cubase software.

Tomorrow I'm going to try connecting gm5 to different USB sockets and another computer.

Still I have no idea what may be the cause, but I have few questions:

1. What is the latest version of gm5 drivers (I have version 1.0.10 from 11/26/2009) ?

2. I did not built my gm5, but bought one second hand on flamemarket. My gm5x5x5 has installed eeprom (IC2) and I'm wonder if there is any way to check eeprom software version without eeprom reader ?

Regards,

Przemek